- 08-10-2013, 12:05 PM #1
I am not sure of the frequency differences between AT&T/T-Mobile and 521/520. I want to unlock my 521 and put in my AT&T SIM card and use this phone as my daily driver for a while. Will I be able to make calls without issues (are the cell frequencies compatible)? Also what kind of data speeds can you expect with an AT&T SIM on the 521?
08-10-2013, 12:09 PM #2
- 1,227 Posts
It Supports AT&T 3g/4g HSPA Bands and should work fine on AT&T if you can get it unlocked.TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
WPCentralApp Beta Tester
- 08-10-2013, 12:40 PM #5Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!
- 08-10-2013, 12:49 PM #6
- 08-17-2013, 07:57 AM #10Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!
- 08-17-2013, 10:52 AM #11
Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)
So if you live in a major city, you are in luck.
The speed imo is enough for me. When I use friends VZW LTE phones, I notice a difference but its meh to me... since im on wifi 97% of the time.
Ironically, EDGE isnt that slow for me either if you use Opera Mini/Nokia Xpress Browser for simple things.
- By videian in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 17Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:42 AM
- By jackbrennan in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 22Last Post: 09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
- By Twitter@Firas_MD in forum HTC 8XReplies: 6Last Post: 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM
- By Coreldan in forum XBOX ONEReplies: 11Last Post: 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM
- By Dave Blake in forum The Photography LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM