Running gears on lumia 521 after amber update

twistedpup

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
hello I have a lumia 521 that I love to death, but i was prompted to download the update, and now it has been on the running gears screen for two days. I have tried all of the ways to correct this posted but none have work. I think they only work for the 920 not the 521. I have contacted tmobile and sent me to the store who could not do anything. I have done hard reset and soft reset. I have did the up down power down several times nothing works. Please Help!!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download nokia connectivity suite and flash your firmware. For flashing you can refer to the sticky to fix bricked phones in the 920 forums. Its easy and safe when done correctly.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Else here is a quick guide I just wrote up in 10 steps

Plug Phone into PC (close out Windows Phone App)

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite
2. Click the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0
3. Under Sign in: Select CareSuite External
4. Where is say no connection select USB* RM-917
5. Select Tools: Firmware Download
6. Insert Product Code 059S0B4
7. Select Optional Content Files
8. Select Download Wait
9. Select Programming choose Refurbish or Recovery (if stuck on spinning gears)
10. Process should start and only take a few minutes

Last edited:

kwaish

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi CorePC, thanks a lot for ur help.. My phone ended up with a -:( smiley and stopped. Once I rebooted, the gears were on for 12 hours with no update.. One piece of update for other 521 users. Don't crapdate.. (I mean update - Sorry - I am so frustrated).. If you do so, then finding the NCS is a big pain. Not sure if I can post the link here.. This is the only one that worked.

:Download Official Nokia firmware without Navifirm - GSM-Forum

It did not install in Windows 7. For that I had to right click and use "Troubleshoot Compatiblity" to install.
Once I installed this, the software did not recognize my 521. So I had to update the software using the update menu.
Once updated, it would not allow logins. I had to replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg again.
Once all done , I was able to do recovery and it finally came back to life..
MSFT. horrible job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte