Did "T-Mobile ipv6" Disappear From Everyone Else's Access Point?

streamlined

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. Before I upgraded my 521's OS earlier this week, I had the ipv6 option in my Access Point. Now, after upgrading, it's gone. Has anyone else noticed this?

Maybe the update made that setting unnecessary?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the option for ipv6 listed in my access point (v3.6.0.20) I have not updated my access point .

Have you tried a custom apn to see if still listed.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the option for ipv6 listed in my access point (v3.6.0.20) I have not updated my access point .

Have you tried a custom apn to see if still listed.

I lost ipv6 after flashing the wifi calling update. I found some ipv6 settings online for tmobile, but it doesnt seem to function the same as the ipv6 option i originally had.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
They got took out after the first update the preset one we had. But From what I read you would just need to change it from ipv4 to ipv6. But since you can't edit the existing one or copy it.

You can try these custom apn settings..

Connection Name : T-mobile IPV6

Internet APN
Access point name : epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com
Username : Blank
Password : Blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy Port : 8080
Network Type : IPv4 (IPV6)
Authentication Type : none

MMS APN
MMS access point name : epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com
Username : blank
Password : blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy port : 8080
MMSC address : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Network type : IPv4 (IPV6)
Authentication type : none

save
activate apn

Restart Phone, Check Cellular Network Selection for T-MobileIPv6

Check Internet, email, internet sharing, MMSC has well..

swap epc to fast.t-mobile.com has well if something is not working..

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there a difference between the ipv4 and ipv6?

IPV6 is supposedly more efficient than IPV4 as well as has a larger number of possible combinations. It also can have the temporary side effect of faster speeds in some places, since if you live in an area were most to all devices are on IPV4, this would mean that the IPV6 network would be lest congested with traffic, however this is more a side affect of slow ipv6 adoption than it is an actual improvement with IPv6

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
IPV6 is supposedly more efficient than IPV4 as well as has a larger number of possible combinations. It also can have the temporary side effect of faster speeds in some places, since if you live in an area were most to all devices are on IPV4, this would mean that the IPV6 network would be lest congested with traffic, however this is more a side affect of slow ipv6 adoption than it is an actual improvement with IPv6
good to know. I checked my access point and its at ipv4 also.

*update: I went ahead and did this. After I rebooted, my phone lagged on bringing up the tiles for some reason. Everything seems to be running a little bit faster now. I used epc btw.

update#2: about an hour with the new settings I lost my internet connection. Tried both epc and fast and get the same results.
update#3: corepc settings work, except you have to exclude the proxy settings and port numbers. I'm using epc.tmobile.com.

Last edited:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
good to know. I checked my access point and its at ipv4 also.

*update: I went ahead and did this. After I rebooted, my phone lagged on bringing up the tiles for some reason. Everything seems to be running a little bit faster now. I used epc btw.

update#2: about an hour with the new settings I lost my internet connection. Tried both epc and fast and get the same results.

I cant remember how i set up my settings, but the settings you enter in manually i am sure are not the same as the one from the missing ipv6 option.

CorePC, you still have the old access point? You could view the settings and tell us what they are.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
update#3: corepc settings work, except you have to exclude the proxy settings and port numbers. I'm using epc.tmobile.com.

are things working better since you removed the proxy and port ?

CorePC, you still have the old access point? You could view the settings and tell us what they are.

Either T-Mobile is blocking that or access point changed cannot not view them anymore. And I do not have original rom with those settings.

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth it for me to change this in the Chicago area? My speed isnt bad, its just an issue of signal in the city

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth it for me to change this in the Chicago area? My speed isnt bad, its just an issue of signal in the city

You can try it all that I can say. Sounds has if you fighting to get a signal in buildings, and if so the buildings are going to win. You may get a better signal or not, signal reception varies based on location. Not sure if changing from ipv4 to ipv6 will make a difference when it comes to signal strength. Has it more related to data than anything else.

streamlined

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to CorePC. Those settings were exactly in the order of input and a breeze to use. I don't know why, but my data is more stable with those settings as opposed to the default. I live in an area where T-Mobile has spotty 2G data coverage. I just couldn't resist the $30 per month plan and amazing value that is the 521. I dumped my iphone 5 and expensive AT&T contract and am pretty pleased with my Windows 8 Lumia thus far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99