File manager?

schroern

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So I was updating the phone and it wouldn't update because I didn't have enough space on the phone. I went and deleted the apps I dont use, and I have a 16GB microsd in it. However, this barely made a dent in the storage space available. I also dont have any music, or videos on it at the moment. I did download the US map for HERE drive. Is there a way to actually see a breakdown of your phone space and whats on it, and how its divided, like a file manager? It's frustrating when I dont know what I need to delete where.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Maps are very large, so I'd suggest deleting the maps and getting Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) which allows saving maps to the sd. Also, an sd card is only used for media and maps, and as such will not affect storage space (even positively). I suggest you move your pictures, if you have any, to the sd and setting the system to save media to the card, if you haven't already.

[SUP]I clenched for a minute there upon seeing the title, since file manager is right up there with notification center for useless redundancies of features that would be flawed and improper upon windows phone, and thus I feel strongly about them. Turns out it was something else.[/SUP]

[SUP] also pardon any spelling mistakes. WPCentrals text input system is not friendly with windows, and disables the autocorrect on numerous words. as well as misreads the on screen keyboard, topped with a cracked (but functional) digitizer, and I'm bound to male mistakes[/SUP]

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, an sd card is only used for media and maps, and as such will not affect storage space (even positively)

One thing to note, is that you can specify where Nokia Drive should store its maps. It defaults to internal storage, so if that is where you have them, then they will take up a lot of space there. You can also configure this in storage check.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia...check-beta-allows-map-data-be-stored-sd-cards

I'm also happy this wasn't actually about a file manager ;-)

Last edited:

schroern

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3