Visit site
I would like a breakdown.

standby mode; :

media browsing; music/video/youtube :

on call:

camera video recording :

wifi on: streaming Netflix

internet sharing:

and lastly, anyone know the charge time for it? how long until it is fully charged?

Any other comments?
Thank you.

tracircle

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After 48 hours on standby with data, wifi, and location service off, there is 90% battery life left. That is a loss of about 5% per day. The spec sheet states 15 days of standby time, which looks realistic.

p.s. The verdict is WP8 does a good job on standby. Due to the limited battery capacity of the Lumia 521, the phone will die sooner than, say a Nexus 4, if used for talk, web, and GPS use. It will get through a whole day with heavy usage or two days with moderate use.

wp.png

Last edited:

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Certainly if you turn off all phone and networking functionality and don't use the device at all, the battery will last a fair amount of time. But even with just the radios on (battery saver enabled) and no actual use of the device, you'll see the battery drain itself within a couple of days.

As for actually using the device -- watching YouTube over wifi will kill the battery in a couple of hours (maybe 3 if you turn everything else off and use the minimum screen brightness). Playback of locally stored (offline) video is less demanding; you'll probably see five and a half hours of video before the 521 shuts off.

Hope that helps.

Daneshd1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery lasts the whole day after the amber update .. Before the amber update there used to be regular battery drains and my phone used to be off in 3-4 hours .. But now even with the mobile data on .. Regular use of whatsapp and Facebook .. My phone lasts for a day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)