T-Mobile 521 for $79.99 at Fry's Electronics B&M today (Oct 3) only.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Fry's showing the T-mobile 521 for $79.99 in store with prom code 374124.

Be aware there is some strangeness involved. I got the email a few days ago. It said the promos were good Oct 1 thru Oct 6.

Yesterday a relative said they were looking to get a smartphone so I decided to buy them one of these. The e-mail said the in-store price was $119.99 with $40 off with the prom code. When I clicked on the link to order last night it showed $119. It also said the promo code was only good thru Oct 3 (not the 6th per the email). I got distracted and when I went back to order it showed a price of $99 thru Oct 3rd. Instead of $119 with no expiration. I ordered it and have confirmation to pick it up in store but called customer service just to make sure the email wasn't a mistake they decided to cancel. I was on hold for 30 minutes while they confirmed there is no problem. I'm guessing the confusion on the regular price is due to them adding an on-line sale for $99 to go along with the in-store promo for $79.

Anyway here is a link (if that's allowed): FRYS.com*|*T-MOBILE. Remember, you have to pick it up in store and know the promo code to get the $79.99 price. If you don't believe about the $40 promo code and $79.99 (plus tax) out the door, call to confirm (be prepared for LONG wait times). The email with the promo code did not say to bring it, just to tell them the code.

YMMV

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope some of you got in on this. The price was actually $59.99! The $40 promo code was still good but they had lowered the base price of the phone $20. I suspect it was a timing thing. They had meant to lower the price the day AFTER the promo ended and accidentally did it a day early. I would have bought a bunch if not for the one per customer limit on the promo.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Can I order and pick up tomorrow with the promo code?
Probably not.

As I said they published a lot of conflicting things. The email said the $79.99 (with promo) deal ran thru the 6th. But when you clicked on the link it originally showed a $119 pre-promo price and a comment saying the promo code was only good thru the 3rd. When the on-line price changed to $99.99, the mention of the promo code expiration date disappeared. My gut feel is if you brought the email in (which you probably don't have) which showed the $40 promo code and the Oct 6th date you could probably argue the $40 promo code is still good. But even if you won that argument, they could still point to the print that says the final price with promo is $79.99 rather than taking the $40 off the $99.99. Not to mention, I believe the $99.99 on-line price even says that is only good thru the 3rd, so who knows what the base price will be tomorrow.

I guess it won't hurt to call your local Fry's tomorrow and ask what the T-Mobile 521 costs with promo code 374124 and if you get a price you like, get their name and have them hold one for you.

FWIW, below is the boiler plate from the email. I just realized it does say in one spot "the promo codes are good for one time use". But typically true one time use codes are longer (like 10 or 12 digits) or have non numeric characters for the same reason CC numbers are so large. i.e. so you can't just guess a valid number.

Bring your exclusive promo codes to the store and save!

Offer must be redeemed in-store. Not available online. One promo code per product per customer. Present the promo code to the cashier at the time of purchase. The promo codes are good for one time use only between 10/01/13 and 10/06/13. Cashier Instructions: Enter the PROMO CODE number into the Promo Code discount field. To access promo code discount field, press ALT-I and select PROMOTIONAL CODE DISCOUNT from the menu.

Last edited:

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I called and they said I had to pick up today @@ The store near my house closed at 9PM. They said I could ordered it online with $99.99. The regular price which is $119 will be back tomorrow. No order today and pick it up tomorrow with today price.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Man, I sure wish I had a Fry's close by! I need the 521 for WiFi calling!
I hate to go off topic in my own thread but I've seen people say stuff like that in ways that implied it would be a second phone. Does that mean swapping one sim card between the two phones or actually paying for a second plan? I realize you may mean you want to replace a phone not get a second, but some posts its clear they meant as a second or back up phone.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the tiger direct att 520 deal go phone and use it as a travel phone. The battery life, massive storage with ?SD, and affordability (don't feel bad when you drop it) make it a winner when your on the road and don't want to abuse your high end phone. I just put my SIM in the 520 and worked perfectly, even texts sync between phones when you swap SIMs from the backup feature. Pretty nice little phone besides!

robluck82

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I hate to go off topic in my own thread but I've seen people say stuff like that in ways that implied it would be a second phone. Does that mean swapping one sim card between the two phones or actually paying for a second plan? I realize you may mean you want to replace a phone not get a second, but some posts its clear they meant as a second or back up phone.

Nope, in my case I have the Lumia 810, which I love, but just need WiFi calling due to poor indoor coverage. That and the FM radio would be pretty snazzy, lol.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Promo CODE: 5405459
$68.99
I just got the add again today (4/11/2013) for the 521 it's 30 bucks off with the promo code.
Maybe I can get the wife one now whether she want's it or not.
:cool:

edit:
*Price valid only with promo code. While supplies last. No rainchecks, no substitutions. Limit one promo code per product per customer. This exclusive email offer available In-Store only! Promo code offers must be redeemed in-store. Not available online. Present the promo code to the cashier at the time of purchase. The promo codes are good for one time use only between Monday, November 4, 2013 and Sunday, November 10, 2013. Cashier Instructions: Enter the PROMO CODE number into the Promo Code discount field. To access promo code discount field, press ALT-I and select PROMOTIONAL CODE DISCOUNT from the menu.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Promo CODE: 5405459
$68.99
I just got the add again today (4/11/2013) for the 521 it's 30 bucks off with the promo code.
As the OP, I was interested if the promo codes were different in each email. Yeah, I know the fine print says one-time use but sometimes it's not true.

Anyway, I just got the new email and the promo code for the phone is different than Guytronic's.

I'm not using mine, so whoever can get to a Fry's first is welcome to it: 7721338

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss