Cannot connect to wifi networks after Windows Phone upgrade

m124

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After I upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1, the phone cannot connect to wifi networks unless I turn off wifi and then back on. It tells me right away that it cannot reach network xxx, but as I said, if I turn wifi off and then back on, it connects straight away. This happens with both secured and unsecured wifi networks. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot connect to wifi networks after upgrade to Windows 8.1

What update have you installed? Windows 8.1 is for computers/tablets. There is no Windows Phone 8.1 at this time.

m124

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

You are correct, I am running 8.0 and have modified my title. Is there a way to get a list of updates and maybe revert the last one?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You are correct, I am running 8.0 and have modified my title. Is there a way to get a list of updates and maybe revert the last one?

What exactly did you upgrade to: GDR2, GDR3 Developer Preview or something else?

m124

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I received notification that someone posted the following, but I cannot see that post:

"Something else is probably wrong. Thousands of us have done all the upgrades the phone has offered us and we can still connect to the WiFi network. I assume you have checked all your settings, including WiFi "On." What happens when you try to connect?"

I have not changed any settings. When I try to connect, I get the "your phone could not reach network X" message like the network was out of range, but that message comes right away, unlike the case when the phone would really deal with an out of range situation. I switch wifi off and then back on and the phone promptly connects to the known network automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05