- 01-19-2014, 10:39 AM #1
I've been seeing in the forums that people have had trouble finding the latest OTA on their 521's..
Luckily there's a quicker way to work around the problem. The only other way besides having a Dev unlocked device shipped directly from Nokia is to join the Windows Phone Store developer program.
You get the registration for 19USD, and afterwards you're able to use the Preview for Developers app here:
Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Want it for FREE? Now? Just sign up for the Windows App Studio account.
Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft
Once you add App studio credentials to the same windows account you used on your device, you can download that same app and check the box where it asks if you want to "Enable Preview for Developers"
Once that's done, reset your phone or toggle wifi on and off; and check for an update in settings. GDR3!
*This can also apply to any other device with an incoming and confirmed Black update that's rolling out currently*
Hope this helps!
- By Trevor Halsey in forum Samsung ATIV OdysseyReplies: 9Last Post: 01-26-2014, 11:44 AM
- By AndrewL920 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 01-21-2014, 03:24 AM
- By geoghotas in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 01-19-2014, 06:04 PM
- By geoghotas in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
- By FAHMI BASSEM in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM