Will installing WP8.1 through developers program break T-Mobile Wifi Calling?

JigJames

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Loving the 521 by the way, it was an impulse buy at $35 but after using it for a month I have to say it was probably one of the best tech purchases I've made.

So my question is, by installing WP8.1 through the developers program do I risk breaking the wifi calling function through T-mobile? I find myself using it quite a bit when working out of the U.S. If so I may have to impatiently wait for the update to come through T-mobile's pipeline sometime this summer.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes you may risk the WiFi calling feature breaking I would suggest that someone from T-mobile who is going to install WP8.1 onto there device to try it out and see if it does or not break the feature.

Or get a cheap WP8 device and try it out for your self if you want.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also assume an update would mess up WiFi Calling. I have an HTC 8X and accidentally got WiFi Calling last year but the next update took it away. I'm pretty sure T-Mobile has to integrate the WiFi Calling software with the OS.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This indeed is a case by case basis. Some people report it works, while for me and others it does not.

If it is enabled, I cannot even send text messages. So for now, it is disabled. I'm not usually on WiFi long enough to merit using it anyway, so not a big loss for me.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This indeed is a case by case basis. Some people report it works, while for me and others it does not.

If it is enabled, I cannot even send text messages. So for now, it is disabled. I'm not usually on WiFi long enough to merit using it anyway, so not a big loss for me.

Yeah I can't send texts either from my 521 when its enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon