Plethora of problems with this phone

PhoenixPrince

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Where to begin, where to begin...

Well, these problems all started when I went on vacation, before that my phone was just fine. And note, I am in the Developer Preview.

Problem 1: Black Screen
Annoyance Level: Minor
Symptoms: Whenever I wake up in the morning and take my phone off the charger, I'll just have a black screen. I can still see the info bar at the top, I can pull up my notifications menu, and I can pull up the app menu to see what's currently running. But everything is black still. I have to restart the phone before I can do anything with it.

Problem 2: Wrong Time
Annoyance Level: Medium
Symptoms: I didn't have this problem until we'd gotten about.. 200 miles away from home. It fixed itself somewhere around Indiana, but after getting home again it stayed like this and I cannot get it to go back to the proper time--it's exactly 45 minutes behind. I have to keep the time/date manually set.

Problem 3: Can't install apps
Annoyance Level: Major
Symptoms: Anytime I try to install an app it'll be stuck on pending, no matter what. I try downloading it over 4G, I try downloading it on my Wi-Fi network, my sister's Wi-Fi network, even McDonald's Wi-Fi network and nothing works. I delete it from my queue and add it again, that does nothing.

Is there anybody who could help me with these issues? Anything is appreciated--except telling me to reboot my phone, I'm not stupid. I'm very tempted to just go get a new phone at this point. Thanks in advance.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
#2 - Is the date+time "set automatically" or turned off and is it in the correct Time Zone, did you travel across time zone, ( l turned automatic off so that I set to my Work Clock)

#3 - Do you have enough space to install apps, is your account setup properly on phone and are you only phone that is using that account, do you have a lot of background apps running?

I am not using WP8.1 dev preview so it could be related to that.

PhoenixPrince

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
#2 - Is the date+time "set automatically" or turned off and is it in the correct Time Zone, did you travel across time zone, ( l turned automatic off so that I set to my Work Clock)

#3 - Do you have enough space to install apps, is your account setup properly on phone and are you only phone that is using that account, do you have a lot of background apps running?

I am not using WP8.1 dev preview so it could be related to that.

At the moment Set Automatically is off, but the problem persists when it's on. Yes, I did travel across the time zone, but oddly I crossed into it forward but my clock is stuck going back.

I have about 2GB left, so I do have enough space. It's always worked fine before, I've had it for a year, and I didn't change anything so my account should be set up right. No background apps running at all.

ksavage68

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Try this.. go to Settings....About Phone... Reset Phone. Get a clean software start to be able to eliminate software as being the issue. If this doesnt work, then replace phone, its cheap enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss