Uses for old nokia 521

Terrorizer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
hi all, I recently upgraded from my nokia 521 to a nexus 5. The Nokia 521 is worth next to nothing at this point, and my lock button doesn't work well, but I hate to just throw it out. Does anyone have any ideas as to ways I can still get some kind of use out of it? I should mention after switching it no longer has cell service.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Paperweight

Playing catch

Not really... The 52x series just keep chugging along. There are so many of them in the wild. What a shame to look at them as disposable when they can still offer a lot of function. Just putting Remote Viewfinder on one is totally worth it. Remote Viewfinder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) (Looking at you sanjeet; never wanted a remote trigger for your 1020 camera???)

How many little kids do you see clutching at their mom or dad's smartphone? Set one up with games and media and let the little buggers have their fun.

The rush to clog landfills with valuable minerals and materials is a disgrace. Repurposing is cool, fun and helpful.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Button can usually be fixed with a thin piece of plastic stuck between the top of the button and the casing, to hold it closer to the circuit board. It works, and somebody around here has written detailed instructions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99