Nokia Lumia 620 specs

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! The 620 looks like a killer device for emerging markets. I can see it doing really well abroad.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that this is a solid mid-level phone given that it packs the latest Windows Phone OS and the core WP8 experience.

From a utility standpoint one is getting NFC, a micro-SD card slot and a removal battery. In addition, WP8 offers support to 50 languages including Arabic, Farsi and Turkish, among many others.

From a communications standpoint there is FFC and the OS capability to efficiently run Skype (and other VoIP clients) in the background.

From a locations, inherent value perspective you're getting Nokia's entire suite of apps: Drive, Maps, Transit, Creative Studio, etc.

In terms of budget markets this phone has practically everything one needs, including differentiation (colours and Nokia's marketing push), there is no reason why it wouldn't succeed against similarly priced and spec'd Android handsets. Heck, I own a Lumia 920 and I am feeling the urge to get one in lime green.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here.
Already own Lumia 920, but i have urge to buy this for my brother who is not such phone nerd and mainly uses his phone just for calls and texting.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i think this 620 is going to go a long way in bringing wp8 to more people across the world. similar to how android has so many lower end devices. this will also help bring more developers to wp8. i think the news of this phone is pretty big for wp8. also the back of it comes off and you can snap on a diff color, will give carriers a decision to see which colors they will offer.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
This really looks like a great device at a great price. The reality is that this phone is going to meet the expectations of 75% of smartphone buyers, and exceed the expectations of 100% of budget-conscious buyers outside the USA.

OT: The USA market is tilted toward high-end devices. The carrier provides the best subsidy for the most expensive devices and the plans are essentially all one price. If you buy a cheaper phone you get it for free, but the plans aren't cheaper than buying a 920.

It seems that this is driven largely by the iPhone, although once the existing contracts run their course, this could change. I'd like to see the price of the plans come down and the price of the devices go up. My feeling is that the carriers here in the U.S are just trying to get everyone moved to smartphones and are happy as long as that keeps happening quickly. The low upfront price seems to help a lot.

I'm not sure what unintended consequences there would be from hiking upfront costs and reducing plan costs e.g BYOD in the enterprise.

Bottom line - this won't be a popular device in the USA except in the prepaid market. I'm really not sure how big prepaid is right now though, but I'm sure it's growing.

chatscc

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I read on gsmarena that it has class b gprs/edge, which means either call/sms or data can be used at a single time. Is this true???

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720