I am quite intersted in this device. Importable to AT&T?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
A 620? I don't see why you couldn't throw an AT&T SIM in it if you're so inclined. As long as it supports the right standards, GSM 850 & 1900 MHz and hopefully LTE too, it should work just fine. Just make sure you get an unlocked one. Bear in mind an unlocked one may cost more though. Even though I have 920, I'm digging the 620 too. Seems like it will be a great phone.

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this phone making me have second thoughts on my new 920, but I love the size and price of this phone. And that replacable earplug thing rocks! It should work on AT&T, but from what I've read, this is only going to be a 4G phone, no LTE. I don't remember where I read it, but it's probably b/c this phone is meant for the global market. We dont' even have word on a US release.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
And that replacable earplug thing rocks!

What's that?

Ithis is only going to be a 4G phone, no LTE.

LTE is one of the 4G techs. ;) That SoC Nokia is using on this phone really doesn't go together with LTE and in general adding having LTE on it kind of defeats the purpose of this phone by increasing the battery usage and jacking up the price. Also this isn't really phone to be bought via operator.

Don't know much about the bands used in USA, but the Lumia 620 supports:

GSM 1800
GSM 1900
GSM 850
GSM 900
WCDMA Band I (2100)
WCDMA Band II (1900)
WCDMA Band V (850)
WCDMA Band VIII (900)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite interested in this one as well. I'm considering dumping Verizon and moving to Straight Talk (which uses AT&T bands), and I don't see why you couldn't use it on AT&T.

I wish the screen was just a bit bigger too but the price is right for sure.

sticitodaman

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I like this phone too! its not a brick like the current line up of wp8 phones. Although those are awesome, they are too big IMO. This should work with t mobile's new 1900 band after the refarm right?

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
A 620? I don't see why you couldn't throw an AT&T SIM in it if you're so inclined. As long as it supports the right standards, GSM 850 & 1900 MHz and hopefully LTE too, it should work just fine. Just make sure you get an unlocked one. Bear in mind an unlocked one may cost more though. Even though I have 920, I'm digging the 620 too. Seems like it will be a great phone.

I have a 920 but I also agree. I'm interested in this little phone. I'm thinking it would be nice to replace my Zune HD. ;) Also good to swap out with my 920 from time to time. $300 unlocked though. Hmmmm. I'll think about it. Tax return might make that easier to swallow! :p

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't going to own up to it but with this many people interested in the 620 I might as well confess that I want one. lol

It will work fine on at&t except no lte, I am not sure if I will miss it, but the size is definitely very appealing.

dootndo2

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I received mine last Friday in Green! Works great on AT&T. It is not a 4G phone by design, but has 4G (LTE) profiles. I had to set up the data and text data connection information as the phone is unlocked. $299 with free delivery and no tax from GSM Nation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans