Nokia 620 In Hand! Green color is awesome!

dootndo2

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited about my new phone. It was shipped out configured for China. Resetting the phone and getting it setup is going well. I had issues with downloading updates because the clock was not set correctly. I have not moved my SIM card over yet, because my Samsung Focus has a large SIM and the 620 requires a micro.

One thing that is cool (we'll see how it works) is that there is a Bluetooth copy contacts and settings app provided by Nokia that should move everything over.

Feels very solid in hand and the form factor is great. On paper, it's not that much smaller than my Samsung Focus, but it feels much better in hand.

If anyone has questions, let me know and I'll try to answer.

dootndo2
:cool:

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome looking device. Congrats. I think the 620 will be the most popular Lumia ever. Hopefully they make it available everywhere.

celticc

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I also received my 620 today. Mine is yellow and through GSM. Nation. Unfortunately while trying to remove the back cover the screen was broken. My fault totally. I am coming from a 710. I tried to contact Nokia about paying to get it fixed but no luck so I emailed GSM Nation. I didn't expect a reply till next week being Friday night but to my surprise my email was answered quickly and my phone is being returned for repair. Really happy with the support at GSM Nation. They are obviously trying to run a very good company and I recommend them highly.
I did try to put my micro sim in from my 710 but it seems a little big. The mechanism that holds the sim seems fragile so I didn't pursue it. I like the size of the phone. Looks like it will be a good phone to throw in your pocket and just not worry about it too much. When I get it back from repair I am going to use it on TMobile as I am in a refarming area. Don't know how that will work out.
Will be interested to read others' experiences with their new 620's.

Boonta

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
have a question, hope to get answer.

Lumia 620 just released in Thailand at great price. I hope to get it to replace my aging Blackberry 9700. I wanna ask about whatsapp.

When you received whatsapp message, does it wake up the screen on window 8? I wanna know because i dont want to keep hiting the lock/unlock button to see if i have new notification. Thank you.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
When you received whatsapp message, does it wake up the screen on window 8? I wanna know because i dont want to keep hiting the lock/unlock button to see if i have new notification. Thank you.

Yep, it does wake the screen up but only for a short period of time.. ;)

celticc

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I was impatient. Didn't figure I would get my broken Nokia 620 back for a while so I broke down and ordered another yellow one. I have been slowly setting it up and am really liking it so far. Just been using wifi. It is really a great little phone. Nokia really does a good job and Windows 8 is great. I still don't know if I like it as well as my 710 but will figure that out once it is activated. I had this one over nighted from Negri Electronics and got it in 24 hours. Good service.

I am one of those people who loves to swap service and phones. When my 710 had a problem with the battery charging unit I went on Ebay and bought an HTC 8X and put it on Tmobile prepay so am a little spoiled by the speed of that phone, but I can't get use to the larger size. I already love the size and feel of the 620. Once activated I will know whether I can live with the 620.

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Sorry, but in Russia first owners complain about poor battery time. Only 1 day (i mean 24h of course) in standby mode. Well, it seems to be true with 1300 mah battery.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I can easily get 24 hours with moderate use and without switching on the Battery Saver feature but I did put the brightness level to low. I reckon without using the phone at all, the battery can last for 2 days or even more... I'm finding my battery life to be as expected from a 1300mah battery pack in a dual core phone.

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
24h in standby mode?without using the phone?are you serious?....i read that it has the same battery life of lumia 800, and he can reach the midnight with a moderate usage

Its all individual of course. But you serious think what battery 1300 mah can work long time with medium or strong usage? 620 have cool design and colors, but i think its battery weakness. Dont buy 620 right now. Wait reviews.

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Its all individual of course. But you serious think what battery 1300 mah can work long time with medium or strong usage? 620 have cool design and colors, but i think its battery weakness. Dont buy 620 right now. Wait reviews.
Yes, of course it's all individual, but 24h without any usage was a bit strange....the target of this smartphone is to cover 24h with a medium usage....and thanks to theluminis620 i think that the target is centred,isn't it?....i haven't the phone and i'm searching info about it for a probable purchase

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, of course it's all individual, but 24h without any usage was a bit strange....the target of this smartphone is to cover 24h with a medium usage....and thanks to theluminis620 i think that the target is centred,isn't it?....i haven't the phone and i'm searching info about it for a probable purchase

Ok! If i say what you can make 20 min phone calls, send 10 sms, check email two times, 30 min wifi and 1 hour of music (all in 24 h to recharge). It will be much more better? I think NO. You just want to hear what 620 battery life is ok, and theluminis620 give it to you. But in reality its not truth. Just recall all your mobilephone experience. Maybe in past you have nokia 6300? Remeber 6300 battery? All bought it and then suffer. 620 = 6300. Cool phone with poor battery.

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok! If i say what you can make 20 min phone calls, send 10 sms, check email two times, 30 min wifi and 1 hour of music (all in 24 h to recharge). It will be much more better? I think NO. You just want to hear what 620 battery life is ok, and theluminis620 give it to you. But in reality its not truth. Just recall all your mobilephone experience. Maybe in past you have nokia 6300? Remeber 6300 battery? All bought it and then suffer. 620 = 6300. Cool phone with poor battery.
You own the lumia 620?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry but why are you arguing over this and expecting the phone to be alive for a week straight without charging? Sure, it's a great phone but with a small battery pack. I don't know why Nokia gave it a small battery pack but I thought most smartphones nowadays won't even last 12 hours a day, what more 24 hours even with a bigger battery pack? My friend's Lumia 800 and 900 didn't even last 24 hours, the iPhone 4S didn't even make half a day and Galaxy Note didn't even make 10 hours and those phones have a larger battery pack than the Lumia 620! Those are great, cool phones with bigger battery pack but with the same frequency of usage as just like how I use my Lumia 620, mine last further than all of my friends' phones.

Perhaps one day there will be a battery that can make a powerful smartphone last longer, just like our old basic mobile phones but in the mean time, it's just how things goes.

You said don't buy the Lumia 620, while I say go ahead and buy it. I have one in my hand right now and I have no problem with it at all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers