Nokia 620 In Hand! Green color is awesome!

Colonel Rafiki

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
We'd all like battery life to be extended that little bit longer, on any smartphone, but I think Nokia would be missing a trick if it didn't introduce wireless charging covers for the Lumia 620.

It would certainly balance out the equation, as putting the phone down on a wireless charger once a day would provide a constant top-up that alleviates battery concerns.

Vasiliy Kozlov

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know...

So why you such aggressive?
Nokia 112 such cheap, but work a few weeks. When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc. When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting. I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, fellow. All phones today with small screen positioned like a phones for calls with long standby time. Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen. Maybe easier and nokia just deceived you? I think yes! Its not first nokia miss. Because its not marketing. Low capacity battery just stupid. 112 have 1400, 620 have 1300 just think about this, about nokia, about why.
And two last your questions
1) yes, 4s not for internet surfing
2) which smartphone can last for days without charging? Motorola RAZR MAXX (ICS) talk time 21 hour, Apple iPhone 5 - web browsing 10 hour

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 112 such cheap, but work a few weeks. When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc. When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting. I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, fellow. All phones today with small screen positioned like a phones for calls with long standby time. Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen. Maybe easier and nokia just deceived you? I think yes! Its not first nokia miss. Because its not marketing. Low capacity battery just stupid. 112 have 1400, 620 have 1300 just think about this, about nokia, about why.
2) which smartphone can last for days without charging? Motorola RAZR MAXX (ICS) talk time 21 hour, Apple iPhone 5 - web browsing 10 hour
In the specifics of lumia 620 you can talk for 14h....you are making an error....nokia 112 is a phone, lumia 620, as like as S3, iphone, htc one x etc, is a smartphone....due to features of smartphones they can cover only 1 day, the phone can do over three days....you can not compare two different categories

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Do I look aggressive? If you think so then I apologize..

When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc.

Aaand? It's still a smartphone so according to your logic, a phone that last only for one day is not normal so the Note 2 and S3 is not normal. Right? Don't you think because of that, the Note 2 and S3 should have a bigger battery capacity?

When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting.

So.. The Lumia 620 is a little phone? Wow.. A phone with dual-core Snapdragon S4 chipset is little?

I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, fellow.

I didn't say it's normal, never did I. Must be something wrong with you there. I said phone should always last for 3-4 days like how the old black and white, and feature phone. It's an issue with smartphone, regardless of any brand and model, whatever the battery capacity is, will only last for a day or less. I repeat, it's an issue with smartphone. Sheesh..

Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen.

So you're only comparing them just because of the screen? Not counting the quad-core processor in the S3? And you're saying 3.8" screen is small?

So those are based on your "great experience with mobile phones" or simply taken from a paper? My friend own an iPhone 5 and it lasts for a day (yes, just asked my friend about its battery life). Just for a day. So that's not normal, according to your logic. Right?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can i ask you one thing?...how is the sound in calling?and from the speaker(volume and quality)?

Sure, I mean that's the purpose of this forum anyway. Haha!

The sound in calling from the earpiece is very nice, loud and clear. The loudspeaker also performs nicely with no distortion. But don't blast the volume to full though (which is 10), as there will be distortions from the speaker. Same goes to music playback. The volume ranges from 0-30 for music playback. The sound is very nice from 15-25 but more than that, the sound will be distorted.

What I don't like about WP8 so far is that the volume is synchronized with music playback and the actual ringing volume. So whenever you listen to music, let's say you set the volume to 15, after listening to music, you have to put it back to 25. Otherwise, the ringing volume will stay at 15.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
TheLuminis620, Are you one of those people that are going to search for third party batteries :)? I just ordered myself a 620 and was wondering if there will be any in the future(you could post it here :D).

Also, have you read anything about it even being possible to do wireless charging with a future cover? I don't remember very well, but I heard doesn't have those pin connectors to even support wireless charging with a cover..

Can't wait for my blue one :)

Meg920

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Dude, you're Malaysian right? I'm also Lumia620's user. You know, I'm on your side. It is not because I'm Malaysian too, but you're Lumia620 user, so you deserve talk about it more compare to people who does not have it and arguing based on other people opinions.

Btw, yeah, that is true, battery 1300mah is not enough for this phone, but with this kind of price, it deserve it!

Well, i'm a bit upset those apps are not enough especially in Malaysia. I don't understand, why we could not access Windows Store for worlwide? Why must be apportion by region?
So, somehow, the apps available for some region, some is not. We actually facing sufficient apps to be compared with Android and iOS. But, I'm looking forward for WP8. Come on!

Meg920

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
TheLuminis620, dude, you're Malaysian right? I'm also Lumia620's user. You know, I'm on your side. It is not because I'm Malaysian too, but you're Lumia620 user, so you deserve talk about it more compare to people who does not have it and arguing based on other people opinions.

Btw, yeah, that is true, battery 1300mah is not enough for this phone, but with this kind of price, it deserve it!

Well, i'm a bit upset those apps are not enough especially in Malaysia. I don't understand, why we could not access Windows Store for worlwide? Why must be apportion by region?
So, somehow, the apps available for some region, some is not. We actually facing sufficient apps to be compared with Android and iOS. But, I'm looking forward for WP8. Come on!

Samarth Joshi

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey buddy,its great to see you replying to each and every question. :smile:
I too have one query.
Are you aware of the "other storage" issue happening to all the Windows Phone 8 devices?
If yes,then is there a similar case with the Lumia 620?If no then can you please google and verify?
Thanks in advance. :smile:

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
TheLuminis620, Are you one of those people that are going to search for third party batteries :)? I just ordered myself a 620 and was wondering if there will be any in the future(you could post it here :D).

Also, have you read anything about it even being possible to do wireless charging with a future cover? I don't remember very well, but I heard doesn't have those pin connectors to even support wireless charging with a cover..

Can't wait for my blue one :)

Hello Tiwo!

No, for now I'm not looking into 3rd party battery because seems like as long as my phone can last for a day, it's fine. However, if I found one, surely I'm going to purchase it. About the wireless charging, yes I've heard about it in GSMArena comments on this phone saying the wireless charging enabled back cover may be out later for the Lumia 620. Unsure if it's true but perhaps any of those connectors at the back of the phone can support wireless charging. Unfortunately we have to wait to see if the rumors are indeed true :)

Dude, you're Malaysian right? I'm also Lumia620's user. You know, I'm on your side. It is not because I'm Malaysian too, but you're Lumia620 user, so you deserve talk about it more compare to people who does not have it and arguing based on other people opinions.

Yes, I'm a Malaysian mate. Welcome to WPCentral :)

I actually never denied that 1300 mah is not enough. When I first planned to buy this phone, battery life is what I concern the most but after 2 weeks of ownership, I don't really have big problem with battery life and it can easily get into the range of 15-24 hours with mixed usage and WiFi on all the time. The phone is already cheap anyway, and this is the cheapest phone that you can get with WP8 on board but still performs as good as any other top line smartphones.

I have to agree I am a bit upset too with the apps collections in Malaysia but you can always switch to different region in settings and you can still download apps. I've switched mine to the US region and there are tons of apps that Malaysia don't have, yet I can still download and use them without any problem. However, I am unsure as to why Microsoft decided to do it all by regions and not standardise it worldwide. WP is still new though, I'm pretty sure we'll see gain in apps in the next couple of years once WP share is getting bigger and bigger.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey buddy,its great to see you replying to each and every question. :smile:
I too have one query.
Are you aware of the "other storage" issue happening to all the Windows Phone 8 devices?
If yes,then is there a similar case with the Lumia 620?If no then can you please google and verify?
Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hey!

Yeah, I am aware of the "other" storage issue across all WP8 phones and my Lumia 620 has grown to a staggering 1.45 GB! So in short, yes the Lumia 620 does suffer from this issue too unfortunately.

EDIT: I'll post my screenshot here ASAP!

EDIT: wp_ss_20130128_0001.jpg

Samarth Joshi

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

Yeah, I am aware of the "other" storage issue across all WP8 phones and my Lumia 620 has grown to a staggering 1.45 GB! So in short, yes the Lumia 620 does suffer from this issue too unfortunately.

EDIT: I'll post my screenshot here ASAP!

EDIT: View attachment 27639
Thats too bad.I really wanted to buy the phone but this issue has suddenly made me a bit hesitant.
What do you think of this?Should I buy this phone or not? :unhappysweat:

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Thats too bad.I really wanted to buy the phone but this issue has suddenly made me a bit hesitant.

Umm, what is the problem, just buy 64Gb SD-card and off you go.

or is the problem that phone is creating somekind of huge file and filling the onboard memory? If so, sw update in future should fix that?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Well, it's not really a big of an issue with the "other" storage actually. It just fills up the phone built in 8GB memory but yeah, so far it's only 1.45GB but if it builds up further, I will inform you guys. However, as I said it doesn't really affect anything in the phone - just that you will have less space in your phone because of this. You can always store all your musics, pictures, videos and all in your 64GB SD card (not included upon purchase!). Problem solved! ;)

Samarth Joshi

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Umm, what is the problem, just buy 64Gb SD-card and off you go.

or is the problem that phone is creating somekind of huge file and filling the onboard memory? If so, sw update in future should fix that?

This is the problem.This is a major problem and has been going on since november,and still has not being fixed yet.Hopefully it will get fixed before it is launched in India though I doubt that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss