Nokia 620 In Hand! Green color is awesome!
01-31-2013 06:41 PM
- I'm so excited about my new phone. It was shipped out configured for China. Resetting the phone and getting it setup is going well. I had issues with downloading updates because the clock was not set correctly. I have not moved my SIM card over yet, because my Samsung Focus has a large SIM and the 620 requires a micro.
One thing that is cool (we'll see how it works) is that there is a Bluetooth copy contacts and settings app provided by Nokia that should move everything over.
Feels very solid in hand and the form factor is great. On paper, it's not that much smaller than my Samsung Focus, but it feels much better in hand.
If anyone has questions, let me know and I'll try to answer.
dootndo201-18-2013 04:02 PMLike 4
- I also received my 620 today. Mine is yellow and through GSM. Nation. Unfortunately while trying to remove the back cover the screen was broken. My fault totally. I am coming from a 710. I tried to contact Nokia about paying to get it fixed but no luck so I emailed GSM Nation. I didn't expect a reply till next week being Friday night but to my surprise my email was answered quickly and my phone is being returned for repair. Really happy with the support at GSM Nation. They are obviously trying to run a very good company and I recommend them highly.
I did try to put my micro sim in from my 710 but it seems a little big. The mechanism that holds the sim seems fragile so I didn't pursue it. I like the size of the phone. Looks like it will be a good phone to throw in your pocket and just not worry about it too much. When I get it back from repair I am going to use it on TMobile as I am in a refarming area. Don't know how that will work out.
Will be interested to read others' experiences with their new 620's.01-18-2013 08:44 PMLike 4
- have a question, hope to get answer.
Lumia 620 just released in Thailand at great price. I hope to get it to replace my aging Blackberry 9700. I wanna ask about whatsapp.
When you received whatsapp message, does it wake up the screen on window 8? I wanna know because i dont want to keep hiting the lock/unlock button to see if i have new notification. Thank you.01-21-2013 01:39 AM
- 01-21-2013 03:20 AM
- Well I was impatient. Didn't figure I would get my broken Nokia 620 back for a while so I broke down and ordered another yellow one. I have been slowly setting it up and am really liking it so far. Just been using wifi. It is really a great little phone. Nokia really does a good job and Windows 8 is great. I still don't know if I like it as well as my 710 but will figure that out once it is activated. I had this one over nighted from Negri Electronics and got it in 24 hours. Good service.
I am one of those people who loves to swap service and phones. When my 710 had a problem with the battery charging unit I went on Ebay and bought an HTC 8X and put it on Tmobile prepay so am a little spoiled by the speed of that phone, but I can't get use to the larger size. I already love the size and feel of the 620. Once activated I will know whether I can live with the 620.01-25-2013 10:45 AM
- I can easily get 24 hours with moderate use and without switching on the Battery Saver feature but I did put the brightness level to low. I reckon without using the phone at all, the battery can last for 2 days or even more... I'm finding my battery life to be as expected from a 1300mah battery pack in a dual core phone.01-27-2013 05:38 AM
- 01-27-2013 08:08 AM
- 01-27-2013 08:27 AM
- Yes, of course it's all individual, but 24h without any usage was a bit strange....the target of this smartphone is to cover 24h with a medium usage....and thanks to theluminis620 i think that the target is centred,isn't it?....i haven't the phone and i'm searching info about it for a probable purchase01-27-2013 11:11 AM
- Ok! If i say what you can make 20 min phone calls, send 10 sms, check email two times, 30 min wifi and 1 hour of music (all in 24 h to recharge). It will be much more better? I think NO. You just want to hear what 620 battery life is ok, and theluminis620 give it to you. But in reality its not truth. Just recall all your mobilephone experience. Maybe in past you have nokia 6300? Remeber 6300 battery? All bought it and then suffer. 620 = 6300. Cool phone with poor battery.01-27-2013 11:30 AM
- Ok! If i say what you can make 20 min phone calls, send 10 sms, check email two times, 30 min wifi and 1 hour of music (all in 24 h to recharge). It will be much more better? I think NO. You just want to hear what 620 battery life is ok, and theluminis620 give it to you. But in reality its not truth. Just recall all your mobilephone experience. Maybe in past you have nokia 6300? Remeber 6300 battery? All bought it and then suffer. 620 = 6300. Cool phone with poor battery.
Perhaps one day there will be a battery that can make a powerful smartphone last longer, just like our old basic mobile phones but in the mean time, it's just how things goes.
You said don't buy the Lumia 620, while I say go ahead and buy it. I have one in my hand right now and I have no problem with it at all...01-27-2013 11:33 AM
- 01-27-2013 11:42 AM
- 01-27-2013 11:43 AM
- Logically i don't pretend that the lumia 620 has a great battery life, i' ve only ask if he can cover a day with a normal usage (always on internet wi-fi/3g, many sms and some calls, whatsapp, fb and internet) and not an harder one...and i think that a 1300mah could give this performance without many problem.....i can't belive that if i turn on the phone and i never use it(all the time with the screen off) he can cover only 24h, olso my optimus net with a exauste battery can do better!01-27-2013 11:43 AM
The Lumia 920 with 2000 mah battery lasted throughout the day. So if you're saying that the Nokia 112 has a 1400 mah battery, Lumia 620 should have a 2000 mah battery and what should the Lumia 920 have? 3000 mah? Even a monster Galaxy Note has a 2500 mah battery and that didn't even last 10 hours!
So all in all, it's not a Lumia 620 problem. It's the problem with the world of smartphone nowadays...01-27-2013 11:49 AMLike 2
- Windows Phones
- Microsoft / Nokia Phones
- Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia 620 In Hand! Green color is awesome!
- By mark nt in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 15Last Post: 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 21Last Post: 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
- By AaHaa in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 9Last Post: 10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
- By itsall4tay in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD