Check your Lumia 620 screen.

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree it does seem more like a grounding issue which would probably rule out a firmware update to fix? I can imagine they are either all like this and no one has noticed or there is a large batch that have this issue.

I have posted on the Nokia forums too see if Nokia reply or not although I imagine not. lol

Last edited:

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've contacted Nokia Care twitter account about multitouch problem of my Lumia 620.
They first suggested me to do a soft reset, and then a hard reset. But problem didn't solve.
Finally, they said: "Given the scenario, it's best to have the device checked at the repair facility or check with your retailer for return policy ^EP"

Update: Today, two fingers are also working correctly on my phone. But it fails with 3 or more fingers.

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I checked the multi touch on my phone before I sent it back for another issue. It could register 4 points and could briefly register 5 before it flicked to zero. Even with two points it was slightly shaky.

That being said, I wouldn't have known about the issue if I hadn't checked. I had no issues with zooming on webpages/ photos or gaming etc. with general phone usage.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
That being said, I wouldn't have known about the issue if I hadn't checked. I had no issues with zooming on webpages/ photos or gaming etc. with general phone usage.

Exactly, but only some time where my phone is completely useless when it affect the functionality of the screen. When it does, I have to lock and unlock the screen. Solved it for a couple of minutes, but it happened again. Strangely, it only happen on Tuesday and since today is Tuesday, I'm pretty much prepared to face it :p

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I get 4 points. Some juddering on our 620 when pinching and zooming but I assume that is the processor struggling to render. Doesn't seem to affect functionality or usability.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, but only some time where my phone is completely useless when it affect the functionality of the screen. When it does, I have to lock and unlock the screen. Solved it for a couple of minutes, but it happened again. Strangely, it only happen on Tuesday and since today is Tuesday, I'm pretty much prepared to face it :p

This occurred 2 or 3 times on mine, and I hadn't this issue after hard resetting my phone. (from settings menu)

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been chatting to Nokia Care on Twitter and they say they have pushed out an update for all WP8 devices and that I should wait for that however they cant confirm when it will available or if it will fix the multitouch issue.

I am going to contact O2 and arrange a replacement unless the update gets here first and resolves it as they are out of stock at the moment.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I had very few replies back then when I started the topic. Didn't know that many people are experiencing the same problem.

I've sent my 620 to the Nokia Care. They are taking their own sweet time to fix the problem.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to test it outside of these diagnostic apps? Is there any way to test it in real-world usage?

Yes. I noticed strange behaviors while playing games. After that I downloaded the test to verify my suspicion.

It happens to me even when it is two points. This means I could not even pinch and zoom. LOL

leonkehoe

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I had very few replies back then when I started the topic. Didn't know that many people are experiencing the same problem.

I've sent my 620 to the Nokia Care. They are taking their own sweet time to fix the problem.

Hopefully they'll provide you with a report detailing steps taken to resolve the problem.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they'll provide you with a report detailing steps taken to resolve the problem.

Don't think that is going to happen. They initially said I need to wait for two weeks. It's the fifth week now. This is even after I've escalated the case. Nokia has very horrible customer service here.

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It seems the new firmware (1030.5603.1304.0002) does not resolve the multitouch issue.

Nokia Care have suggested I take it in for repair or return it to point of purchase, I imagine a replacment may possibly have the same issue but worth a shot.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Because different people from different geographical areas are affected by this issue, I think this affects quite a number of units. I've tipped wpcentral about this issue. If they post about this issue, maybe more people would be able to check their units. Potential buyers can check their units too before paying and going home with it.

rcmarvin

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't think that is going to happen. They initially said I need to wait for two weeks. It's the fifth week now. This is even after I've escalated the case. Nokia has very horrible customer service here.
Me too, they also said two to three weeks, but the engineer obviously didn't know the issue. After around two weeks, they told me the problem was fixed. but it did not. They then told me to wait again for their investigation.

Last edited:

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Me too, they also said two to three weeks, but the engineer obviously didn't know the issue. After around two weeks, they told me the software was updated and the screen was tuned. So I went to verified but the problem is still there. And then they replaced the touch panel with a new one, but it did not work out either. They told me to wait again for their investigation.

Where are you from? The technicians in my country (Malaysia) said the same thing after weeks. They told me the problem was fixed after the software was upgraded. I went there and the problem was still there. They are waiting for a new touch panel now. LOL

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
jack00, this is almost certainly a hardware issue. If you plug in the charging cable and hold the other end with your fingers, multi touch works. in both cases, it is not charging. I hope that wpcentral write an article about this issue. Many people would have missed this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3