Check your Lumia 620 screen.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Update 21st February 2013
I've sent my Lumia 620 to Nokia Care on 21st January. It's been a month now and it is still not fixed. Horrible customer service here.

Update 22nd February 2013
1101x10 reported that multi touch works when plugging in one end of the usb cable to the phone and holding the other end with the fingers.
John Bourne reported that the multi touch will also work when taking the cover off and holding the phone at the edges.
Suspects grounding issues

More people might be affected. Tipped wpcentral.
==============================

My Lumia 620 is having trouble registering multi touch correctly.

When charged: Everything works fine up to 10 points. (couldn't fit my toes :grin:)
When not charged : Single touch is okay. Two points multi touch is spotty. Three points and above = total fail.

I've posted this in a local forum and found out that another user is affected.

Here's the app that I used to check my screen http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/multi-touch-test/8b6055bb-68ad-4297-bbb1-dd809a89f49f

Some people have mentioned that their two points multi touch are okay. Try to move around when you are doing that. On my phone, it is okay most of the time. But sometimes when I'm moving it around, it "shakes and jumps"

Last edited:

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Malaysia too but mine doesn't have this issue. However, I tried the one from Nokia Store and that one had this issue.. I think it's a software issue. Have you tried taking it back to any Nokia Store for a check? I've heard this is quite a common issue... For safety, do not post your IMEI over here. Let's hear what others are going to say about this.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia Store guys confirmed that there is a problem with my unit and referred me to the Nokia Care. It is still in the process of repair now.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia Store guys confirmed that there is a problem with my unit and referred me to the Nokia Care. It is still in the process of repair now.

That's good for you! Hopefully it all will get sorted out.. Strange that mine is free from this issue. Hopefully it will just stay away forever. Haha!

Jan Stephen Santos

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey pengfoong, have you solved this issue yet? My lumia 620 also have the same problem, It is bought in Abu Dhabi in Axiom Telcom, my problem is that I'm from the Philippines and this was just a gift for me. I can't return it back to the store because the phone is already here in the Philippines. If you already found out the solution, kindly inform me about it. Thank you very much

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
pengfoong, it seems like my device is also affected by it. The screen acts weirdly, pressing the back button once takes me to multitask, sometimes the screen touches on something while I didn't put my finger on it, pinch to zoom acts weirdly and everything acts weirdly. Notice it last night but by midnight, it went back to normal. Strange..

Not planning to take it to the Nokia Store yet though. Let's see how it goes for today.

rcmarvin

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi TheLuminis620, have you tested it with the app mentioned by pengfoong in OP?

I've got the same problem with pengfoong, I've took my phone to Nokia Care twice, but the problem still did not get resolved. What make me worries is that even their demo phone unit got this problem too.

Last edited:

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, yep I just test it and all seems to be fine. When charging and even on battery, up to 10 points and no problem. However, the problem I'm facing on post #7 is still there, although it's only on and off...

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Also I have such problems with my Lumia 620 :(

Single touch is working correctly.
But in multi touch, with two fingers, dots (place of fingers) starts shaking, and sometimes an additional dot appear! (for example, two fingers are on the display, but it shows 3 or 4 dots...)
And with three fingers and more, it's horrible! number of fingers changes randomly, even sometimes 0! and sometimes it detects additional fingers...
First time I faced this issue was second day of using my phone (=two weeks ago), which this problems appeared for just 10 minutes and after that, it could find my 10 fingers correctly. But now, problem comes back...

My phone has bought from UAE, and has 12 month warranty there; but I'm currently in Iran, so my phone doesn't have warranty here :(

Any ideas?

Update: I've used these applications for testing:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/hardware-tests/a088a991-039a-439b-b3dc-cfd1a848d344
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/multi-touch-test/8b6055bb-68ad-4297-bbb1-dd809a89f49f

And got same results...

Last edited:

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Lumia 620 on the O2 one day deal and quite like it however I too am experiencing the multitouch issue.

I done some testing and found out removing the case and holding the phone in my hand I can get it to register 5 points without a problem but putting it down on a surface without the cover on results in unreliable multitouch just holding the phone up by its edges lets it pick up 5 points again.

Weird? Not sure what to think but maybe some strange grounding issue? Can someone else try this and see if they get the same results?

Not sure a software update can fix this issue and might contact O2 about getting a replacement and damn I just got them to unlock this one.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. If it is charging with the USB cable in it will register 10 points but when it is unplugged I can only get 4.

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
How many points can you get to register off charge without the shell case on and held in your hand? I can get 5 that way easily but don't have another hand to try more.

If I try with the shell case on and off charge it stumbles with more than two and even two can be a bit twitchy at times.

John Bourne

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to test it outside of these diagnostic apps? Is there any way to test it in real-world usage?

I don't know of anything that uses more than two point multitouch and that mostly works fine although I have had a few phantom touches during use.

It should be able to cope with four points though as thats the Windows Phone 8 requirement.

I do hope that a firmware update from Nokia can fix it and they are already working on it.

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This app Ocarina for iPhone need at least 4 points. So if there is a WindowsPhone version, it will make a mistake.
20120829152758201.jpg

Last edited:

leonkehoe

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My wife's 620 has this problem. In fact, it can't even effectively track the movement of two fingers, let alone three. It isn't a problem for her and, to be honest, I wouldn't have known anything was wrong had I not seen this thread... but it's certainly not working as it should.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried with the just USB cable plugged in and touching the other end of the cable and I could get 8 points reliably. So it seems more like a grounding issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3