Touchscreen response speed of lumia 620 is slower than my old lumia 710

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
On January 5, I bought my new lumia 620. It's beautiful, I love it very much. :grin:But I very very disappoint the response speed of touchscreen.:crying: If I move my finger on the screen, the tiles not move immediately. It will start moving about 0.3 seconds later. If I do this on my old lumia 710, tiles will start moving immediately. The response speed of touchscreen of lumia 710 is much more faster than lumia 620. I have tested this on several other lumia 620 phones, all of them are just the same. I think there is some problem on the firmware of lumia 620. The response speed of touchscreen of lumia 620 shoud be faster than lumia 710, because the hardware of lumia 620 is much more powerful than lumia 710. But in fact, it is much more slower. There are several other lumia 620 fans complained this problem on the Chinese lumia phone forum (Windows Phone). I had wrote a letter to nokia, and hope the firmware updates in the future could solve this problem. I had tested the htc 8s, and the htc 8s didn't had this problem. Any other guys have this problem? :cry:Sorry for my poor English.

Last edited:

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually think its the WP8 itself being somehow slow in scrolling. Before I bought mine, I went to the Nokia Store and tested all including the brand new 820 and 920. Seems like the scrolling is much faster in WP7 than it is in WP8. I don't know whether Microsoft deliberately slow down the scrolling speed in WP8?

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Is it actually a real problem that scrolling is 0.3 seconds 'slower'? Doesn't really sound like a dealbreaking 'flaw'

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually think its the WP8 itself being somehow slow in scrolling. Before I bought mine, I went to the Nokia Store and tested all including the brand new 820 and 920. Seems like the scrolling is much faster in WP7 than it is in WP8. I don't know whether Microsoft deliberately slow down the scrolling speed in WP8?
wp_ss_20130129_0001.png
If the "Screen magnifier" is turn on, the response speed will become much slower. On other WP8 phones like 920 or 820, if you turn off the Screen magnifier, the touchscreen response speed would be OK. But it is useless on 620. Maybe the screen magnifier was turned on on phones you tested. I had tested htc 8s, which had the similar hardware. And the htc 8s is OK.

Last edited:

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If the "Screen magnifier" is turn on, the response speed will become much slower. On other WP8 phones like 920 or 820, if you turn off the Screen magnifier, the touchscreen response speed would be OK. But it is useless on 620. Maybe the screen magnifier was turned on on phones you tested. I had tried htc 8s, which had the similar hardware. And the htc 8s is OK.

No, mine didn't have the magnifier on. Always turn it off because I never use it. But it's not the only 620 that act like that, the 820 and 920 also act the same and obviously they run on WP8. Devices that run on WP7 were very smooth. I don't know, never tried the HTC 8S yet but I'm starting to think it's a WP8 problem. However, does it really matter though? Sure, it is slow and very noticeable but as long as it didn't make me want to throw the phone away, that's fine though. Haha! :p

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
that migt be a result from the switch to the W8 NT-kernel. I'd be surprised if there weren't any small differences to the way the devices work. The NT kernel is a functionality powerhouse compared to the Windows CE core that WP7 ran on, maybe the minimally different touch repsonses are part of that change.

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
No, mine didn't have the magnifier on. Always turn it off because I never use it. But it's not the only 620 that act like that, the 820 and 920 also act the same and obviously they run on WP8. Devices that run on WP7 were very smooth. I don't know, never tried the HTC 8S yet but I'm starting to think it's a WP8 problem. However, does it really matter though? Sure, it is slow and very noticeable but as long as it didn't make me want to throw the phone away, that's fine though. Haha! :p
But this makes me very uncomfortable.:cry:

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Darn you :D, Still have to wait for mine to be delivered!

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
does ebay.co.uk ship to germany? :(

Short answer: yes

Long answer:

Royal Mail International Signed For(4.99) - Delivered to you in 3 - 7 Working days but not guaranteed

We ship to these countries via Royal Mail Air Sure:

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain and Sweden, Andorra, Azores, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand and USA.

Edit: Let me correct this quickly. The shop that sells the phone that I put in the link in my previous post sends to Germany. I do not know if other shops in the UK ship to Germany. Please read the page to get confirmation

dootndo2

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't see this as a legitimate concern. You knew going in that it was a value phone, not a performance phone. I have no issues with it. Perhaps just scroll slower. ;)

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Be careful guys, the slow scrolling means the phone might suffer from a multi touch issue. Mine scrolls reaaaly slow yesterday and it lags while scrolling. Sometimes, the kinetic scroll died for some reason. I asked some of my local friends with this phone and it's a symptom that leads to a multi touch issue which is a very well known issue so far with the Lumia 620 here in Malaysia. Not sure if it's affecting others in different country.

One of the member here from Malaysia suffered this issue already. But mine happened for 3 hours and then it's back to normal. Strange...

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Be careful guys, the slow scrolling means the phone might suffer from a multi touch issue. Mine scrolls reaaaly slow yesterday and it lags while scrolling. Sometimes, the kinetic scroll died for some reason. I asked some of my local friends with this phone and it's a symptom that leads to a multi touch issue which is a very well known issue so far with the Lumia 620 here in Malaysia. Not sure if it's affecting others in different country.

One of the member here from Malaysia suffered this issue already. But mine happened for 3 hours and then it's back to normal. Strange...
My 620 always lags while scrolling when I use some applications.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My 620 always lags while scrolling when I use some applications.

Mine not just lag but the kinetic scroll also died. I have to lock and unlock the phone, then it's back to normal. It happened again today, just a couple of times and then never. I think this is an on-and-off issue... Will keep you guys updated. I may post a video when it happen again and let you guys see the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss