- 02-08-2013, 07:30 AM #1
I received my Lumia 620 today :D. My god what a sexy device this is! I'm more psyched with this, than I was with my S3!
I'll post my experiences here :), maybe even some pictures. whoop!
So my first update. I've been out with it today and this is what I experienced so far with it. Please take note that most of the things are expierences compared to my samsung galaxy s3. I'll provide detail when I compare it to it.
- The phone is so god damn snappy! I heard on previous threads that it might be slower than WP7 and stuff, but coming of an s3, this is god damn fast :). No lag whatsoever
- One thing I've hated for a long time, I had the s2 and s3, is that the screen goes on really slow.. With slow I mean like 2, maybe 3, seconds to turn on. With this, it's a breath of fresh air. Some people were also complaining that screen of 620 was going on a tad slower, but not for me :)
- So, my first day without notification center, and I'm not missing it at all. Thought that it would be bad, but so far, no complaints :). The notificiations are the live tiles, so I choose that side
- The color white of the Lumia 620 is so darn sexy. HOld it in the light and it becomes a little transparant. Hold in normal light and the white is hot. Did I mention the shape of the phone is also perfect for the hand?
- The weight... I don't understand how people can complain about the weight of the phone. I'm sorry but the weight is superb. Also it's nice for a change that it fits better in the pocket than a large 4,6 inch phone
- The call quality. I've called with it a few times, and the sound is better than the s3 :). yay!
- I love the people and me hub. Nice perfect place for my facebook and stuff. Haven't come across any bad things (then again, I'm not a picture poster and stuff).
- The sound of typing is awesome :D.
- The browser is faster than my s3... the browsing of a 250 euro phone is better than the browsing of a 500 euro phone...man... :')
- One note, I love it. I made the list of the bad and good things when things came up. Nice little note taking app :)
The bad things so far:
- I'm a lefty, so when I want to send a message with normal text of whatsapp, the button is on the left... it's not the perfect place for me(can you change it? :D)
- There are no facebook groups in the people hub.. My friends have made a group on facebook to post stuff, and sadly, it's not there(or is there?)
- I'm not used to a bar that is on the bottom of the phone all the time. So I accidentally hit it everytime I try to type.. guess it's getting used to stuff.
- When you get loads of toasts messages, they will stay there pretty long time :P. YOu have to swipe them all away to get rid of them. Stacking the toast would be better.. hehe, ye ye notificaiton center.
That was about it... Man I'm really loving the experience so far :D
So I promised myself to update this page as my list of things grow, but I've got little things that I'd like to add that are pretty important :). So here they are.
- Everybody that I come across likes the looks of my phone! It certainly has the wow factor!
- Facebook on IE10 works creepily well! I haven't tried any facebook app. But as I said in my last update, I missed the groups.. And the mobile FB has them :). So I pinned a tile on my start screen: problem solved!
- Battery usage. I know I can't make a conclusion based on one day usage, but I think the battery is better than the s3's xD. It's not that I'm worried about not making the day. I'll report tonight what my findings are.
- Games. I saw a lot of game questions for this phone. Well let me put your worries to rest: They work pretty good :). I've tested several 3d games, and they work fluently. If there are requests that I test, send them and I'll try them :). So yeah, the Phone - even with these lower specs - is a nice little beast :) .
- SPOTIFY. Oh yeah! First day I got my Phone and I can use spotify! It was one of the biggest things I knew I was going to miss.. Lucky me :'). Big plus on this side! Tested it and works pretty awesome. Too bad there isn't a function to download songs offline on SD card.
- PayPal! Oh I missed PayPal so much on Android. The fact that it's available on Windows Phone will make me broke in a couple of weeks. But hey, it's worth it, no? ;)
- The only bad thing that comes up is the worry that I'll get annoyed by not having seperate volume controls. But that is something for the future. Was listening to Spotify and turned the volume down: voila the rest was down too.. ;).
I really appreciate the likes and thanks guys, thank you! :)
Last edited by Tiwo; 02-09-2013 at 05:56 AM.
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM #6
- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Thank-you for writing this detailed review. I hope you'll continue to add to it as you use the phone more. I'm done with buying carrier-locked phones and this one looks like everything I've been wanting in a new Windows Phone. Be nice if Nokia realized there are so many Americans tired of being abused by carriers and lock-in that they should bring the phone for sale here, direct and unlocked, for the bring-your-own-phone segment.
- 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM #11
Congratulations! Your argument is sound and points valid. Not sure about Facebook groups as I try my best not to use the network, but as for notifications and separate volume controls are big requests. I'm looking to get one for my girlfriend's younger sister.
- By baileystein in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
- By DanSmithKY in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 27Last Post: 10-26-2012, 09:04 AM
- By cedarlog in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
- By Rocket_Girl in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 13Last Post: 01-17-2012, 02:39 PM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 11Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM