Thinking of the lumia 620....?

qwerty248

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Currently I've got the Samsung Omnia W and I'm a huge wp fan.. I have been considering an upgrade and the 620 seems great mainly due to the price; however, I was wondering if anyone has found that the lower processor has caused any problems with any specific apps? (eg Skype, Skydrive, Games, Internet access)

Thank in advance!

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Using it today for the first time(the lumia 620 that is) and it's fast as a rocket :D. That includes browsing ;)

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it since the first of February and no, there is no choppiness in its performance. It might take a fraction of a second to open some stuff like the storage settings, but it isn't a deal breaker!

I've tried some games on it. I think the one with the most intensive graphics that i tried was Robotek. No lag at all (Unlike my previous Galaxy W).
Internet access is beautiful. It's as simple as that.

I'll add some more points here:
* No random reboots till now.
* The device rarely gets unresponsive. It still happens though.
* I'm way more satisfied with windows phone (compared to android). I miss nothing from android, too.
* When flight mode is on, the device takes more time to respond for a power button click.
* The 'other' category in the storage isn't that scary, at least for me. Well, it does grow up and is now at 1.3 GB; I still have 3.5 GB of free memory, I'm pretty sure that when it eats up alot of the remaining memory, i'll already have all my needed apps and games etc downloaded already. Btw, I manually downloaded most of the apps that I have on the Lumia 620.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it since the first of February and no, there is no choppiness in its performance. It might take a fraction of a second to open some stuff like the storage settings, but it isn't a deal breaker!

That's true for Lumia 920 also which I have. Like you said, nothing to worry about regardless.

I ordered a 620 for my family member but Expansys-US ran out of stock. :( This phone hits sweet spot for many people, I think.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
@snaqvi what do you dislike about WP8 messaging?

Most people don't use windows phone so we need to judge messaging by how well if works with other platforms. Whatsapp, kik, I'm+ pro etc all suck on the windows phone. SMS is the only solid option but for several reasons it may not be feasible over data based messaging.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same here, so I got one from Ebay. It's only $10 more.

That's true for Lumia 920 also which I have. Like you said, nothing to worry about regardless.

I ordered a 620 for my family member but Expansys-US ran out of stock. :( This phone hits sweet spot for many people, I think.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Most people don't use windows phone so we need to judge messaging by how well if works with other platforms. Whatsapp, kik, I'm+ pro etc all suck on the windows phone. SMS is the only solid option but for several reasons it may not be feasible over data based messaging.

Well, WP integrates nicely with messenger, so does the Xbox and windows pcs, and so does Skype.

Messenger works better than all of those other apps for me.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, WP integrates nicely with messenger, so does the Xbox and windows pcs, and so does Skype.

Messenger works better than all of those other apps for me.

Messenger is getting phased out, doesn't support delivery and read receipts. Contacts are also easier to add on whatsapp for example since they are added automatically using the phone no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills