Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Technoloay

Currently I've got the Samsung Omnia W and I'm a huge wp fan.. I have been considering an upgrade and the 620 seems great mainly due to the price; however, I was wondering if anyone has found that the lower processor has caused any problems with any specific apps? (eg Skype, Skydrive, Games, Internet access)

Thank in advance!

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    According to reviews it actually works wonderfully. I'm considering it myself.

Nope. Using it today for the first time(the lumia 620 that is) and it's fast as a rocket :D. That includes browsing ;)

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I've been using it since the first of February and no, there is no choppiness in its performance. It might take a fraction of a second to open some stuff like the storage settings, but it isn't a deal breaker!

I've tried some games on it. I think the one with the most intensive graphics that i tried was Robotek. No lag at all (Unlike my previous Galaxy W).
    Internet access is beautiful. It's as simple as that.

I'll add some more points here:
    * No random reboots till now.
    * The device rarely gets unresponsive. It still happens though.
    * I'm way more satisfied with windows phone (compared to android). I miss nothing from android, too.
    * When flight mode is on, the device takes more time to respond for a power button click.
    * The 'other' category in the storage isn't that scary, at least for me. Well, it does grow up and is now at 1.3 GB; I still have 3.5 GB of free memory, I'm pretty sure that when it eats up alot of the remaining memory, i'll already have all my needed apps and games etc downloaded already. Btw, I manually downloaded most of the apps that I have on the Lumia 620.
    Rich Edmonds likes this.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    If only WP8 was decent at messaging, this phone could have been a star.

@snaqvi what do you dislike about WP8 messaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Technoloay View Post
    I've been using it since the first of February and no, there is no choppiness in its performance. It might take a fraction of a second to open some stuff like the storage settings, but it isn't a deal breaker!
    That's true for Lumia 920 also which I have. Like you said, nothing to worry about regardless.

I ordered a 620 for my family member but Expansys-US ran out of stock. :( This phone hits sweet spot for many people, I think.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty248 View Post
    @snaqvi what do you dislike about WP8 messaging?
    Most people don't use windows phone so we need to judge messaging by how well if works with other platforms. Whatsapp, kik, I'm+ pro etc all suck on the windows phone. SMS is the only solid option but for several reasons it may not be feasible over data based messaging.
    What issues do you have with Kik? I've had no problems with it...

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
    Developer

I play Skull of the Shogun with it :)
    eLse Studio - A lovely couple tag team Windows Phone Application Designer and Developer

and check out our flag ship product Price Journal!

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    What issues do you have with Kik? I've had no problems with it...
    Reports from users here are that it doesn't update the live tiles consistently. The developer of Kik has also pretty much said Meh we won't develop for wp8.

Same here, so I got one from Ebay. It's only $10 more.

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    That's true for Lumia 920 also which I have. Like you said, nothing to worry about regardless.

I ordered a 620 for my family member but Expansys-US ran out of stock. :( This phone hits sweet spot for many people, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Most people don't use windows phone so we need to judge messaging by how well if works with other platforms. Whatsapp, kik, I'm+ pro etc all suck on the windows phone. SMS is the only solid option but for several reasons it may not be feasible over data based messaging.
    Well, WP integrates nicely with messenger, so does the Xbox and windows pcs, and so does Skype.

Messenger works better than all of those other apps for me.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordeith View Post
    Well, WP integrates nicely with messenger, so does the Xbox and windows pcs, and so does Skype.

Messenger works better than all of those other apps for me.
    Messenger is getting phased out, doesn't support delivery and read receipts. Contacts are also easier to add on whatsapp for example since they are added automatically using the phone no.