Music/Sound quality in Lumia 620.

Szefff

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear Lumia 620 owners,
I'm interested in buying L620 and I'm huge fan of listening music with my headphones. Also i heared that older lumia devices like L800 and L710 has very bad sound quality. Could you describe sound quality in 620 with some better headphones?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 620's music performance isn't bad at all and is on par with the N97 and all those previous Nokia XpressMusic phones which I thought was excellent in music quality. With Windows Phone and only in Nokia's Windows Phones have the equalizer setting and a Dolby Sound technology ;)

EDIT: The built in speaker is also very nice. Just you know, don't blast it to the maximum because there will be some distortion. I thought that's typical though ;)

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
It sounds fine to me, and you also have the equaliser and Dolby Headphones enhancement if you want. One nice feature of the 620 is the headphone socket is built into the removable cover so if this gets loose you can just replace the cover rather than send the whole phone back for repair.

ExpatinTurkey

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had no problems in the three days with my 620. Using TuneIn Radio for both music and talk radio, more then loud enough without having to put full volume.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you go to settings > audio (should be able to see it near the bottom of the list) you will see equaliser and dolby stuff. You will only be able to change these settings when the headphones are plugged in.

carlos118

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I was someone looking for a good audio quality phone also, i had the htc 8s before and was wowed by its audio! i could never have it on full volume or it would be just way to loud! I wanted a phone with more storage though, so i went into the store... plugged my headphones in and tried it for myself! The audio was very impressive, it is loud and clear with good quality... not as loud as the 8s but the quality was good and it is loud enough that you dont need it on full volume to get the bass going

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have to warn you from buying a 620 for music.
The music quality itself is pretty ok: quite balanced sound with decent headphones.

The problem is WP8 music software: Xbox Music is a mess, there are plenty of bugs. If you use a fast and big microSD card, it duplicates and triplicates the songs, as well as messing up tags and much more. Also the syncing softwares suck.
You can still play music and it sounds good, but finding the song you want to play is a mess. If you can, wait until they fix these bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism