Lumia 620 - Battery query

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello to the forum, this is my first post :)
I found the site after buying my Lumia 620, after having read a few reviews of it.

I have to say, Mainly I'm liking it. For the money it seems a good little phone. I've only had it three days so still getting used to it. It works well, looks good and the only issue is battery life (as mentioned in the reviews). However, I'm struggling to get through a day of moderate usage.

But here is the question, well questions really:

1. After fully charging the phone, the battery saver - battery information says the battery is 100% charged and estimated time left is 1day 15hrs. Is this typical for this model, doesn't seem long to me when fully charged? I leave it on 2G, data off, wifi off and only turn them on when needed. Location off as well.

2. Is there news of a replacement larger battery from either Nokia or a 3rd party? ( Mugen maybe, I notice they have one for the 820, 710 and 610 at least ).

But it strike me Nokia have made a great budget phone and slightly spoiled it for no real reason.

Thanks in advance.

TBH, I may be using it little heavier than I will eventually, after all it is a new toy, sorry phone :)

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello Charlie55, welcome!

1. You shouldn't look at the time remaining directly. There are so many factors that will determine your estimated battery remaining. Also, like theluminis620 posted in other thread, the battery will last between 18 and 25 hours(around that number :p). I can back this up. Used it with moderate usage and it lasted 25 hours on a single charge. This is a smartphone. It's pretty normal this is the time they last. Don't expect miracles like days of charge.

2. There will be third party batteries, don't worry about that :). It just takes some time before they come out!

Hope that answered your questions. Cheers!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, the time remaining is an estimate based on the current discharge rate. If you use it, the number will go down. If you leave it alone for a little while, it will go back up.

Also, the 620 uses the same capacity battery as the 710. If it's actually the same model of battery then the Nokia BP4L 1500mah battery should theoretically fit without modification, as it does in the 710. It's worth looking into...

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
After 3 weeks of use, I notice that the battery seems to slowly last a little longer than the first week. Now, mine can definitely last for 20 hours and even more! That's with moderate usage, constant WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, web browsing, all-time WiFi (I switched off the 'turn off WiFi when screen times out'), and many more. Pretty much like how you use your smartphone.

1300 mah is small, I was concerned of its battery life at first and thought of getting a power bank but I honestly never thought it could last this long. It's typical nowadays that smartphones last for a day and some even less. I held a test 2 weeks ago with my friends Lumia 800, 900, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note and iPhone 4S, take note it was 2 weeks ago and as mentioned by Tiwo, mine can easily last between 15-24 hours while the other competitors struggle with exactly the same use. That's not valid anymore though, now I can get it to last for more than 20 hours ;)

Just last week, it started to last a day and here's what I get last week:

wp_ss_20130129_0001.jpg

22 hours, plus exactly one more hour to spend, a total of 23 hours. Two days ago, I managed to pull a total of 1 day and 18 hours but didn't capture the screenshot though. I used to use the battery saver feature but now, I don't need it anymore. I won't say this phone has got an excellent battery but it's good enough considering that it comes in a very well priced package. I couldn't ask for more, really. If I ever get to see a bigger battery pack here, I will definitely go for it. It's like putting a bigger tank in your car! :D

EDIT: But if you're the kind of user that's just going to stick on the phone for 24/7 and needed a very good battery life, this is not the phone though. Definitely. Haha! :p

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, the time remaining is an estimate based on the current discharge rate. If you use it, the number will go down. If you leave it alone for a little while, it will go back up.

Also, the 620 uses the same capacity battery as the 710. If it's actually the same model of battery then the Nokia BP4L 1500mah battery should theoretically fit without modification, as it does in the 710. It's worth looking into...

Haha that's a rather bold experiment to try out :>

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Stop to advertise your phone to lie to potential buyers and misleading.

I'm not advertising and there's nothing misleading. A member here is asking a question about battery life, so I answered his question based on my experience. You can go on with whatever you want to say. You ended up just wasting your time because you never tried what more touch the phone and so your "great mobile experience" is useful enough to convince us... Congratulations!

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the comments and info.
I think once the fun has settled down, I'll be a light-ish phone user, so I gather all should be well.

I'll keep an eye on Mugen and see if a larger capacity 620 battery pops up. I think I'll even email them and suggest it :)
I noticed according to the Nokia website the 710 uses a BP-3L battery and the 620 a BL-4J. Dunno what the differences are but they sound different to me. Hopefully Mugen (or other) will come up trumps and give us an extra hour or two.

Simon Camp

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I looked at the battery and it says BL-4J. I looked it up and there's a 1200mAh one of those floating around, originally for the Nokia C6-00. Do we think that would work as a spare battery for the Lumia 620?

Simon Camp

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just searched on eBay! It's not as good as I thought, though. It charges, but then drops randomly from 60% down to nothing. May just be my specific battery, but I think I'll keep an eye out for official batteries in the future.

Shingen

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought a ' HIGH CAPACITY GOLD 2430mAH BL-4J ' off ebay....i fully charged it this morning and i've had it on wifi for about 3hrs and its at 95%,i'm going to hammer it allday to see how long it lasts,will keep you all updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb