- 02-10-2013, 04:00 AM #1
Hello to the forum, this is my first post :-)
I found the site after buying my Lumia 620, after having read a few reviews of it.
I have to say, Mainly I'm liking it. For the money it seems a good little phone. I've only had it three days so still getting used to it. It works well, looks good and the only issue is battery life (as mentioned in the reviews). However, I'm struggling to get through a day of moderate usage.
But here is the question, well questions really:
1. After fully charging the phone, the battery saver - battery information says the battery is 100% charged and estimated time left is 1day 15hrs. Is this typical for this model, doesn't seem long to me when fully charged? I leave it on 2G, data off, wifi off and only turn them on when needed. Location off as well.
2. Is there news of a replacement larger battery from either Nokia or a 3rd party? ( Mugen maybe, I notice they have one for the 820, 710 and 610 at least ).
But it strike me Nokia have made a great budget phone and slightly spoiled it for no real reason.
Thanks in advance.
TBH, I may be using it little heavier than I will eventually, after all it is a new toy, sorry phone :)
- 02-10-2013, 04:06 AM #2
Hello Charlie55, welcome!
1. You shouldn't look at the time remaining directly. There are so many factors that will determine your estimated battery remaining. Also, like theluminis620 posted in other thread, the battery will last between 18 and 25 hours(around that number :P). I can back this up. Used it with moderate usage and it lasted 25 hours on a single charge. This is a smartphone. It's pretty normal this is the time they last. Don't expect miracles like days of charge.
2. There will be third party batteries, don't worry about that :). It just takes some time before they come out!
Hope that answered your questions. Cheers!
- 02-10-2013, 05:05 AM #4
To the OP, the time remaining is an estimate based on the current discharge rate. If you use it, the number will go down. If you leave it alone for a little while, it will go back up.
Also, the 620 uses the same capacity battery as the 710. If it's actually the same model of battery then the Nokia BP4L 1500mah battery should theoretically fit without modification, as it does in the 710. It's worth looking into...
- 02-10-2013, 05:15 AM #5
After 3 weeks of use, I notice that the battery seems to slowly last a little longer than the first week. Now, mine can definitely last for 20 hours and even more! That's with moderate usage, constant WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, web browsing, all-time WiFi (I switched off the 'turn off WiFi when screen times out'), and many more. Pretty much like how you use your smartphone.
1300 mah is small, I was concerned of its battery life at first and thought of getting a power bank but I honestly never thought it could last this long. It's typical nowadays that smartphones last for a day and some even less. I held a test 2 weeks ago with my friends Lumia 800, 900, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note and iPhone 4S, take note it was 2 weeks ago and as mentioned by Tiwo, mine can easily last between 15-24 hours while the other competitors struggle with exactly the same use. That's not valid anymore though, now I can get it to last for more than 20 hours ;)
Just last week, it started to last a day and here's what I get last week:
22 hours, plus exactly one more hour to spend, a total of 23 hours. Two days ago, I managed to pull a total of 1 day and 18 hours but didn't capture the screenshot though. I used to use the battery saver feature but now, I don't need it anymore. I won't say this phone has got an excellent battery but it's good enough considering that it comes in a very well priced package. I couldn't ask for more, really. If I ever get to see a bigger battery pack here, I will definitely go for it. It's like putting a bigger tank in your car! :D
EDIT: But if you're the kind of user that's just going to stick on the phone for 24/7 and needed a very good battery life, this is not the phone though. Definitely. Haha! :p
- 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM #8
- 02-10-2013, 09:24 AM #9
Thanks all for the comments and info.
I think once the fun has settled down, I'll be a light-ish phone user, so I gather all should be well.
I'll keep an eye on Mugen and see if a larger capacity 620 battery pops up. I think I'll even email them and suggest it :)
I noticed according to the Nokia website the 710 uses a BP-3L battery and the 620 a BL-4J. Dunno what the differences are but they sound different to me. Hopefully Mugen (or other) will come up trumps and give us an extra hour or two.
- 02-12-2013, 04:33 AM #12
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM #22
- 21 Posts
At the end of the day, the 620 is a very low cost phone that packs a decent punch, the battery isn't going to be the best in the world and that's to be expected for it's size and price but it's more than adequate for moderate use. If you are a heavy user get a higher capacity battery or a second battery, it's that simple.
- 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM #23
thanks for the info.
I have to say, I like the phone a lot now I'm getting used to it (my first smart phone) and was thinking of getting a spare battery anyway for those "long days". I would be interested in your final thoughts as to how it compares to the original battery, i.e. should I just get a genuine 1300 Nokia battery as a spare or does this one really last longer?
Last edited by stmav; 06-28-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: removed link
- 03-01-2013, 05:23 PM #25
Charlie55. yes the exact same one....it came in a factory sealed antistatic bag, doesn't get any hotter than the supplied one,in the end it had done 14hrs and was at 10% then the phones screen shut off but i was listening to music via bluetooth and that kept going so i put it back on charger.I'm going to run it like a dog all weekend and push it harder,saftey wise,yeah its a battery,no hotter than any other seems ok..time will tell.
- By mrmprince in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 77Last Post: 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 113Last Post: 02-24-2012, 04:35 PM
- By VernonEL in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:40 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 11Last Post: 01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
- By Pronk in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2012, 04:39 AM