Hey I just got a 620, but there is a problem

Yohanan2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone from a friend that bought it in spain from a friend since WP8 handsets have not made it here yet, but i discovered it is a prototype device, since it has a little edging that says "proto.nokia.com" i am scared I may be prosecuted or else :( and im also afraid it may never get updated, you think contacting Nokia would be a good idea? i already payed $250 for it, which it is worth, I am concerned about this, any ideas?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, now how can your friend get a prototype phone? In my opinion, if I was you I would be contacting Nokia straight away because I went into that website and I found this:

Please note that leaking Nokia confidential information, including prototypes may lead to disciplinary actions and other sanctions.

So yeah, better contact them.

Yohanan2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, now how can your friend get a prototype phone? In my opinion, if I was you I would be contacting Nokia straight away because I went into that website and I found this:

So yeah, better contact them.

you think they'll reward me somehow if i report it :(? if not i don't think im giving it back. and there was a guy in Spain that told him he'll get a blue one for him for 250 euros... I guess he worked at Nokia or something :l

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know how it feels like mate. But return it and being safe is better than keeping it and might be charged for keeping a prototype phone. Even if you return the phone, you may not get back your $250 but it's always convenient to look for your friend and smack him on his face for buying you a prototype phone =P

But yeah, it's your choice. You can keep it, but it's a risk. You can let Nokia know and return it, you will definitely be safe. Your choice ;)

EDIT:

I'm not sure if you'll get a reward, even getting back your $250 is questionable. I guess the guy that you friend bought the phone off must be working at Nokia and simply just get one of those phones that they're going to recycle.

Since the Lumia 620 is already in production, the prototype that they used will be recycled. I guess he took it from there and sell it to you friend which has now landed on your hand. Just maybe...

Yohanan2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll contact them, I guess they will be condescending since I decided to be at a loss :( hoping they give me a new one or my money back at least, and I wish I could smack my friend but he went back to Spain this afternoon :l

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the prototype is confidential anymore since the phone is on the market. I personally would keep the device but that's just me.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
F**kem, keep the device. Its their problem for the leakage.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Well there's not much to leak when the phone is out. :D

But yeah, keep the phone. There are Nokia collectors who collect Nokia prototypes, i have N950 prototype. It would be naturally different thing if you had a Nokia phone that was either not yet announced or was announced, but not yet released.

I think your main problems comes from the fact that it is a prototype, meaning it's small quantity phone likely build in Finland, Salo. You also might have problems at getting updates.... or not.

Yohanan2

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted them and they're managing the problem, the agent said it is very likely they'll replace it with a brand new one, wow im super happy if it happens to be like that :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon