conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You will have to have a proper sim card anyway. Especially with all the issues people had using old Sims in new Nokia. I don't think you will be able to plug and play with old sim and get phone to work without data capable sim. I could be wrong.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Even 3g to LTE are different. I know you can still get a data capable sim to work in a dumb phone because I've had to do it, but I don't think opposite will work. Also, different size sim cards. Full size, micro and nano. My 920 takes micro. Don't know what 620 takes but I would assume micro as well. Never seen a feature phone that didn't have a full size sim. I have seen people cut down some Sims to fit. I could be wrong with feature sim working in smart phone. That would be something to ask an att rep and they will probably tell you no regardless of if it will work.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
From experience, if they don't sell the phone then they don't have the IMEI number in their system. And in turn their system will not recognize the phone and will not automatically know to add a data plan. You just need to add a sim card.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So feature phones and smart phones use different sims?

Well.. I guess they are different from AT&T's perspective, but physically they are identical. I've been using their "dump phone" data plan for years in unlocked Nokia phones... hopefully you can do the same with the 620.

The dumb phone data plan gives you the same HSDPA speeds, but it doesn't have a cap, and its $10-15/month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss