- 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM #3
You will have to have a proper sim card anyway. Especially with all the issues people had using old Sims in new Nokia. I don't think you will be able to plug and play with old sim and get phone to work without data capable sim. I could be wrong.
- 02-17-2013, 04:55 PM #5
Yes. Even 3g to LTE are different. I know you can still get a data capable sim to work in a dumb phone because I've had to do it, but I don't think opposite will work. Also, different size sim cards. Full size, micro and nano. My 920 takes micro. Don't know what 620 takes but I would assume micro as well. Never seen a feature phone that didn't have a full size sim. I have seen people cut down some Sims to fit. I could be wrong with feature sim working in smart phone. That would be something to ask an att rep and they will probably tell you no regardless of if it will work.
- 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM #6
From experience, if they don't sell the phone then they don't have the IMEI number in their system. And in turn their system will not recognize the phone and will not automatically know to add a data plan. You just need to add a sim card.
02-17-2013, 11:40 PM #7
- 1,062 Posts
The dumb phone data plan gives you the same HSDPA speeds, but it doesn't have a cap, and its $10-15/month.
- By GekkoAce in forum HTC TITANReplies: 9Last Post: 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
- By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 47Last Post: 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
- By straitda in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2012, 10:44 PM
- By GekkoAce in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-12-2012, 04:19 AM
- By pseudoware in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-09-2011, 12:23 AM