620 locking up

boatman37210

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I just bought two Nokia 620's. Owned them for about a week now. My wife's locked up today for the first time and had to power down. Mine did this about 4 days ago. I'm not use to phones doing this. I owned the first Samsung Focus for about two years and I know I had to power down a few times, but not enough to even remember the last time it happened.

I like the phone. I've had a few other little quirky things happen, but the phone seems to have settled down. Hope it is all just a matter of getting broke in.

Anyone else have the lockup problem?

Thanks.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife has had her 620 for about three weeks now and it hasn't locked-up or frozen once. Before she got it I made sure she ordered herself a new micro SIM to put in because I know from personal experience that trimming a mini SIM can (and did in my case with a 920) cause freezing issues.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I don't own a 620 but looking to buy one. What do you mean locked up? I know my English isn't the best so could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Locked-up means that the phone stops responding and a soft reset is required to get it working again. With the 920, if the phone stops responding, we have to hold down the Volume down and power buttons until the phone restarts because the battery on the phone is non-removable. On the 620 you can just pull the battery out, replace and power the phone back on again. Although, the two button reset should still work to save the hassle of getting the back cover off.

boatman37210

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
As I said in my original post, I bought a Samsung Focus i917 not many months after Windows came out and never had any problems with it. Lost the phone and few weeks ago opted to buy two 620's. Today could not get the settings tile to work on my phone. It would try to load, but would not. Finally had to power down. Since I'm having problems with both phones, taking both to Nokia store to see what they have to say. I am very disappointed so far. I can understand problems with one phone, but two is another story. I hope for Nokia's sake that my experience is very isolated, because if it is not that financial turnaround is not going to happen. My wife wanted to buy another Samsung. Now I am beginning to believe she was right. Not giving up yet. Depends on what the Nokia store says.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6