Why no 620 in US?

pinoyrepn1124

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree . . This is one of the sleekest entry level phones I've seen. It would do Nokia and Microsoft well to release this in the US in order to increase product awareness and circulation

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Ask instead is there a reason US carriers are not picking it up. I am sure Nokia would love to sell it, but American carriers in general do not want WP.

TiledTim

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I would buy it unlocked directly from Nokia in a second if they'd only offer it (and warranty it) in the USA. I understand that carriers can help sell many phones, but the flip side is all of us (a small but growing segment, I suspect) who will never endure a contract again and are looking for a Windows8 handset unlocked from the factory, to use with the carrier of our choice as lak611 mentioned. Power to the people!

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, most regional carriers (MetroPCS/Cricket/etc) use CDMA, which isn't supported by Nokia. Most MVNO's do not sell phones themselves, so that is also out of the questtion. For the ones who do, I don't know why. Net10 is picking up the W1, so I would wager most MVNO's will also choose the W1 due to price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss