Will a firmware flash of a Lumia 620 unlock the phone?

scruffty

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
thank you!!! shall I be brave?! will it affect updates in the future if you use a generic rom?
The rom is 059R4G7 which is listed above...thank you!!
it worked! it feels good to have a clean phone!!!!!! thanks mattpat!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Zenec

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with an o2 contract willing to help me out and unlock my phone? I'd happily paypal you ?5 for your time and effort :)

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with an o2 contract willing to help me out and unlock my phone? I'd happily paypal you ?5 for your time and effort :)
i do not think that will work. i believe that the sim card must be in the phone that will be unlocked at least 24 hours in order to be registered. However, does anyone know if going with a simplicity contract (30 days contract) will get the O2 to give an unlock code? Has anyone tried that?

wawilkinson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Worked for me, I used my wife's iPhone contract and her SIM didn't go anywhere near the Lumia (or vice versa)...
It may be a little hit and miss, but I would try over chat and even if you fail first time, try again the next day!

If you've bought the phone as PAYG, just don't mention PAYG (there is a 12-month period before they will unlock in that case) i.e. say something like "I'd like to unlock my new Lumia 620 please" They'll ask you for your (the existing O2 contract) phone number and then the IMEI of the Lumia 620...Then come the security questions, things like full name and certain digits of the security code linked to the existing O2 contract...

Like I say, not guaranteed and it may fail...but worth a few tries at least... ;o)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa