Nokia 620 and Red Pocket

anglobadger

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello Folks,

I am thinking of buying two lumia 620's of ebay for my wife and I. I want to use these phones on the red pocket network. Does anyone have experience with this transition (or att since red pocket uses their towers)?

Ian Malerich

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using my Lumia 620 here in the US on Red Pocket Mobile, have been for about two months, bought my SIM card and my phone from gsmnation, and they arrived together ready to go, red pockets website of course will need the SIM card number when you set up your device, the configure section of their site also has everything you need to get the phone working properly on the network, max it'll take you to get everything set up from start to finish is 15-20 minutes. I've been using the 500mb plan ($50) but you can go above to 1gb for $55 and I believe 2gb for $60. I'm under manual updates and have had no trouble updating the plan (I've been on it for about 2 or 3 months). If you do go this route I recommend creating a contact by the name of "Data Check" or something similar, with the phone number *777*1# , calling this number returns a text telling you how much data you have left on your account (I have the contact pinned to my start screen as well).

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Net10 is better, for $50 you get 1.5 gb monthly and unlimited talk and Text.Before everything was unlimited now is 1.5gb if you use AT&T sim which i think is not bad.Net10 uses AT&T towers and T-Mobile towers. If you buy the sim for T Mobile everything is unlimited but i don't know what bands the 620 supports to see if is compatible to get decent speeds.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
There should be no problem with the transition. However, if you live. In a T-mobile refarmed area I will recommend for you to get the new "uncarrier" plan from T-mo they are cheap and unlimited...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos