Anyone using this on ATT with the "unlimited data for non-smartphones" plan?

voluptuary xda

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been using non-att devices for a while now but out of nowhere (like over a year after I started using it) att figured out my developer Lumia 800 was in fact a Lumia 800and not a feature phone while my rogers wireless focus still goes undetected... So maybe Nokia gave ATT all their IMEI numbers? I dunno. Anyways can anyone running this on ATT confirm one way or another if you can use the $15 ($10 if you have a texting plan) feature phone data plan with this?

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well ATT did the same thing with my old unlocked non ATT Nokia 5800 about the same time claiming it to be a smart phone which they wouldn't discuss hence why I ended up on T-Mobile. Can't they detect the type of phone on their network which is what I assumed (not that I have any knowledge to make said assumption).

voluptuary xda

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well ATT did the same thing with my old unlocked non ATT Nokia 5800 about the same time claiming it to be a smart phone which they wouldn't discuss hence why I ended up on T-Mobile. Can't they detect the type of phone on their network which is what I assumed (not that I have any knowledge to make said assumption).

They can only tell what kinda of phone it is by the IMEI number or if the phone tries to use LTE. So for phones that aren't sold by at&t the only way they would know if it is a smartphone is if Nokia gave them all their IMEI numbers to add to their database.

ParthiR

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if Lumia 620 qualified for non-smartphone plan? It will be interesting to see if this phone is not detected by AT&T.
Also, Is Internet Sharing available on 620 and does is work on AT&T without the 5GB Plan?

regholdsworth

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if Lumia 620 qualified for non-smartphone plan? It will be interesting to see if this phone is not detected by AT&T.
Also, Is Internet Sharing available on 620 and does is work on AT&T without the 5GB Plan?

I would doubt it, as stated above after a few months of using my 4 year old symbian 5800 they suddenly declared it a smart phone and wouldn't discuss it just stating I'd have to pay extra for smartphone!data

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

I can confirm that lumia 620 is detected on the att network as a non-smartphone based on my conversation with ATT yesterday. Now my intentions was not get a non smartphone plan on it, so not sure if that works. My goal was to get internet sharing and also why my hspa+ is not sustainable when im in a strong area.

They did mention that att is not detecting it as a smartphone so that can be the issue, so they are putting in a ticket to add my IMEI to be seen as a smartphone to hopefully allow tethering and improve my hspa+.

So i can confirm that based on my conversation that its detected initially as a non smartphone, being able to put a non smartphone plan on it, another story. So you are half way there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos