Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hello everyone.

IS anyone know how to set time in Nokia lumia 620 to 12H instate of 24H ?
    sorry for this question but it to look around and there doesn't have this answer.

Do anyone note the preforming increase in screen respond after using screen proctor vs no screen proctor ?
    As this have happen to my mom 620 after i apply the screen proctor.

Thank
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Look in settings, then date + time. There will be a switch for 12 or 24.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i try that but it only show set automatically not 12 or 24 option. :(
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    That's odd. On my 920 above the set set automatically switch, there is a switch for 24 hr on or off.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    yeh, i think so too after find a tutorial on youtube, but in the video he show with lumia 920 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KSK674 View Post
    i try that but it only show set automatically not 12 or 24 option. :(
    There is a "24-hour clock" setting in my phone. If it sets off, then it will go back to 12hr(so 13:00hrs will show as 01:00 no am/pm)

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broar94 View Post
    There is a "24-hour clock" setting in my phone. If it sets off, then it will go back to 12hr(so 13:00hrs will show as 01:00 no am/pm)
    this! just toggle "24-hour clock" off :)

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank guy for the info.

I finally found the problem (a min ago), i think is some kind of the OS bug. If i wanted the on/off switch for 12H.
    I need to change my mom phone regional format into United State rather than my country.

Is there any way to info Microsoft or Nokia to fix this bug? Thank

Global Posts
    32,239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by KSK674 View Post
    Thank guy for the info.

I finally found the problem (a min ago), i think is some kind of the OS bug. If i wanted the on/off switch for 12H.
    I need to change my mom phone regional format into United State rather than my country.

Is there any way to info Microsoft or Nokia to fix this bug? Thank
    Does your country use 24-hr or 12-hr time? If your country uses 24-hr time, then it is not a bug.

From Wikipedia:
    Time

The 24-hour clock enjoys broad everyday usage in most countries outside North America, Australia, India and the Philippines, at least when time is written or displayed. In some regions, for example most German, French and Romanian speakers, use the 24-hour clock today even when speaking casually, while in other countries the 12-hour clock is used more often in spoken form.

I am in US, but I prefer 24-hr time and DMY (day, month, year) date format, rather than MDY (month, day, year) date format; so I set my region + language to English (United Kingdom) instead of English (United States).
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 04-24-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: punctuation

My phone is set to "India" region - and 24hr toggle is available for me..

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    my phone is set to USA region (but i live in brazil and in br region store is poor in users reviews lol) and it also shows the 24-hour toggle, it's just above the automatic one...i'm using 12h format atm

btw lumia 620 here!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Not sure on the official one. but here like 95% + people are using 12h time and it now feel kind of stupid that i can't turn that on/off. It not big problem but it just annoying that all.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Does your country use 24-hr or 12-hr time? If your country uses 24-hr time, then it is not a bug.

From Wikipedia:
    Time

The 24-hour clock enjoys broad everyday usage in most countries outside North America, Australia, India and the Philippines, at least when time is written or displayed. In some regions, for example most German, French and Romanian speakers, use the 24-hour clock today even when speaking casually, while in other countries the 12-hour clock is used more often in spoken form.

I am in US, but I prefer 24-hr time and DMY (day, month, year) date format, rather than MDY (month, day, year) date format; so I set my region + language to English (United Kingdom) instead of English (United States).

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank all for the info. few days ago i have been talk to Nokia rep here and show him. he will report this problem to Nokia. As it kind of big deal here(some time). Hope something will sort soon cross finger here.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    nokia lumia 620 ,

Go to setting you will find the option of date +time just click on it you can get the option from their