Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By winphoneaddict
  • 2 Post By Pete fin

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hi everyone. Just returned to WP after an exercise in stupidity. Started talking to a guy online awhile back, who had an iPhone 5, but was interested in looking at a Windows Phone 8, because he was "all in" with the Windows ecosystem, and realized the iPhone purchase was a mistake for him. Me....never ever having owned an Apple product, was interested in trying an iPhone, to finally see what all the fuss was about.

So what happened? We did a straight up trade, his IPhone 5, for my Nokia Lumia 920. So.....he LOVES his (my) new phone, and me, I absolutely HATE mine. Don't get me wrong.......the iPhone is an absolutely stunning piece of hardware, but IOS? It stinks! They complain about the Windows Phone interface being staid and plain and limited as far as customization is concerned, it is eons ahead of IOS 6. I was never so disappointed and bored with a phone OS in my life. Yes.....it is fluid, fast, and absolutely glitch free. But so isn't Windows Phone.....so where's the advantage? Plus WP looks much better in my opinion.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I couldn't get rid of the thing fast enough. Then I went and purchased a new Windows Phone. I also decided to down scale considerably, so purchased a Lumia 620. So guess what..... I absolutely love this phone. I know it is a considerably less technological tour de force than the 920, but I think I actually like it better. That was one thing that I did appreciate about the iPhone...the smaller form factor. I like how it felt in the hand, in terms of one-handed screen access, yet still being big enough to clearly have easy eye sight navigation of the screen. And I gotta admit, the iPhone did have one of the most fabulous screens I have seen on a phone.

So back to the Lumia 620......the form factor is much better suited to my needs, and the lack of the pure view camera with ois, and the 60hz refresh screen, and the other advanced features of the 920, I am not really going to miss in practical terms. The 620 is a fabulous little phone. It has a decently capable camera, records 720p video, has a decent VGA front facing camera, and is future proofed with NFC. Good enough for me, and the clear black display on this little gem, is a joy to look at despite the only 800x480 résolution, and the modest ppi. I LOVE this phone, and highly recommend it to anyone thinking about buying it. You won't be disappointed.

I am so glad to be back in the Windows Phone family, and I won't make the mistake of leaving again.
    Welcome back!

Welcome back. I'm newbie here and a first time WP user with my Lumia 620. I just love both OS and the phone.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and Mahdi Ghiasi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete fin View Post
    Welcome back. I'm newbie here and a first time WP user with my Lumia 620. I just love both OS and the phone.
    Welcome to WPCentral.

I'm glad you are liking your new 620.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,199 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Good to see you back here!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i agreed about the Windows Phone's great integration with Windows 8 PCs..
    but i found it iOS is also great on integrating with OSX.. (actually, this is a testimony from my younger brother on iPhone 4 and MacBook)
    i think both device got a strong and weak points of their own..

my personal experience, it makes me a better organized person with my WP8 and WIN8

Welcome Back!
    Windows Mobile had changed after i cheated on her with other OS(es).. after i returned she's now more simple, fun, and fascinating!
    oh yeah, she changed her last name too

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone. I am sort of amazed though, that after owning a Lumia 920, I am so content with the 620. Just goes to prove I think, that the OS itself accounts for most of the satisfaction amidst Windows Phone adherents. Not that the hardware isn't important, but this OS is so optimized to run on lower spected hardware, it makes the experience fluid and satisfying regardless. That and Nokia's extraordinary ability to engineer quality feature rich lower cost phones. I am a very happy camper for sure. ☺

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Nice to read about such a positive experience with the 620, especially as you're coming from the 920! I just got my mom a 620 to use on T-Mobile (it's her first cell phone ever). Welcome back to the platform, by the way! I tried an experiment myself recently where I moved my SIM back to my old iPhone 4 for mere minutes and I missed WP greatly. Went back immediately!
    You'll be missing out on an FM Radio option in the future.

Global Posts
    4,822 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Welcome back!
    Well, I'm going to be stuck with my 620 and mourning the loss of FM Radio. Ah, I guess I've found an excuse to buy the 808 :)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?