Broken volume button

allinbenno74

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently bought a used Lumia 620, but it has the volume down button broken. Is there a way around altering the volume in settings as I cant seem to find it myself and dont have a manual. Also is it easy/cheap to fix please?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me and I tried taking off the case to push the buttons with a pen or something, but I ended up making it worse and when I took it to a care centre, they said they would have repaired it for free if I hadn't tampered with it, but now I have to pay ?35 :(
Moral of the story is, just take it straight to Nokia care, they will do it for free as your phone is still under warranty. All you need is the receipt. I gave mine in yesterday and was told it will be done in 7-10 working days, which is pretty fast.

francisco velasquez

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to me and I tried taking off the case to push the buttons with a pen or something, but I ended up making it worse and when I took it to a care centre, they said they would have repaired it for free if I hadn't tampered with it, but now I have to pay ?35 :(
Moral of the story is, just take it straight to Nokia care, they will do it for free as your phone is still under warranty. All you need is the receipt. I gave mine in yesterday and was told it will be done in 7-10 working days, which is pretty fast.
Ouch, I should've read this post earlier. Damaged volup button.

Ulisses Augusto

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can buy the button if you onkw how to solder it. Use glue solder paste to fix if it is not in warranty. Search for lumia 620 parts and you will end up with stellatech.com in germany, they sell it for 10 euros.

Colonel Rafiki

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 620, and searching Google seems to suggest that broken volume buttons are quite common. :unhappy:

As far as I can tell, Windows Phone doesn't have any software volume control, so once the hardware button is broken you're in a spot of bother.

I took the phone to Carphone Warehouse in the UK, they sent it off to their engineers, 10 days later they said the problem was caused by 'water ingress' and is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. :cry: So disappointed in both the build quality and the customer service. I was impressed with the Windows Phone environment, but the phone was well looked after and didn't even last six months.

Lumia2012

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Bought it five months ago from gsmnation here in the US. Now, the vol up button stopped working. I'm at the mercy of ear buds with vol control. Anyone have any suggestions for repair in the us with no warranty?

francisco velasquez

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Bought it five months ago from gsmnation here in the US. Now, the vol up button stopped working. I'm at the mercy of ear buds with vol control. Anyone have any suggestions for repair in the us with no warranty?

If I take the back cover off and press with my fingers the screen and the back of the phone(by the upper right corner), vol up works while doing that, then I put the cover back on.
So at least I can put the vol up again.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Same herethe Up volume got broken after one month, I took it to nokia care but they said they have to send to main centre (i am in northeast india) and it will take at least 2 weeks, so i do not give but wanted to do it by myself.
I unscrew the screws and manage to get to the problematic place.volume 'up' button was broken from the shouldering, so i just plastered it ( i dont have shouldering machine) and put some thin hard plastics in between the volume rocker and some some obstacle (inside the phone -probably antenna i couldnt remember properly now) and its working fine now.

if the Nokia Care rejects you have to open it to correct the problem coz its broken inside and needs shouldering (go to local phone repairers they should be able to fix it)

shankle_007

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my experience... my down volume on my O2 Lumia 620 has now finally gone. It was getting harder and harder to press, now the actual button (under the shell) has broken. Really poor design from normally a great manufacturer. O2 haven't been much help even though device is under 10 months old.

Colonel Rafiki

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem happen on two Lumia 620 handsets, it's so annoying.

Volume Up broke on my own handset and Carphone Warehouse/Nokia weren't willing to do anything about it. Now my wife's Lumia 620 is having similar problems, her Volume Up has broken and the Power Button is really stiff, so I don't think that will last much longer.

Shame, really. The poor build quality and lacklustre support really detracts from an otherwise good design.

daniel620

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here... Last year my power bottom get broken, so I take it to a local phone store and they fixed it... This afternoon I dropped it by accident and both volume bottoms get broken and the power bottom barely works T_T I should take it again and pay a lot of money... And yes it seems that it's very common

stamford27

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I realise this isn't a fix, but if you squeeze the screen and back of the phone together next to the button you want to press it should work. Like i say this isn't a fix, but should help you out for the time being.

Johana Elizabeth

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
If I take the back cover off and press with my fingers the screen and the back of the phone(by the upper right corner), vol up works while doing that, then I put the cover back on.
So at least I can put the vol up again.

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOUUUU!!!!THANK YOU!!! Now my nokia620 has its sound again ... �������� Once again ... Thank you!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo