Windows 8.x update for Lumia 620?

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
So as we saw the screenshots today getting leaked for Windows 8.x today, do you guys think that Lumia 620 will get an update ?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So as we saw the screenshots today getting leaked for Windows 8.x today, do you guys think that Lumia 620 will get an update ?

Yes, but with the caveat that your carrier can theoretically decide to screw you by not distributing the update. Since OTA is the only official way to update a WP8 device, we are all at our carrier's mercy.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
By the way Traveler, how do you know if your phone is unlocked? My Carrier is CV Malaysia, does this means mine is UNlock? And what is UNbranded phone and Branded phone?

In most parts of the world, it is illegal for carriers to lock phones. This is common in the U.S. where it was briefly illegal for consumers to unlock their phones, which was thankfully overturned.

If your device accepts SIM cards from different carriers, then you have an unlocked device.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
By the way Traveler, how do you know if your phone is unlocked? My Carrier is CV Malaysia, does this means mine is UNlock? And what is UNbranded phone and Branded phone?

Unlocked and unbranded phones are totally different. An unlocked phone is still beholden to its original carrier for updates, unfortunately. The carrier can approve or reject updates to its branded phones, whether they're unlocked or not. An unbranded phone gets its updates directly from Nokia and Microsoft and is not held hostage by a carrier. My Lumia 620's original carrier was in Indonesia, I don't remember the name. So I am at the mercy of that carrier for updates. Thankfully, they have released the Microsoft and Nokia updates for my phone on the same day that MS and NOK release them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234