Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset

anon(9550008)

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
---Just download the Lumia software recovery tool (you can also use windows phone recovery tool but sometimes it's not read the phone so i recommend Lumia software recovery tool ) and install it on your computer.
-After installation complete open the program
-connect your phone via usb cable to the pc
-after connecting press and hold volume up & volume down & power button at the same time for 9 seconds then release the power button your phone will restart with a vibration and the lumia software recovery tool will detect it .on the phone red or blue Nokia logo will show.
-now lumia software recovery tool will search for software version matching to your phone and automaticlly it start downloading.
-the size is 1.5 GB after completing the download automatically it will be installed in your phone and phone will start normally.
-it's all done.
the procedure is applicable for Rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1.
Thanks

Rohit Nayak

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem on lumia 525 but the following happened:-
1.Upgraded from 8.1 to 10
2.did a reset from 'about my phone'
3.after reset the 'settings' disappeared
4.did a hard reset from key combo
5.now the sad smiley appears every time phone boots
6.cant hard reset cant soft reset
7. WPRT NSU NRT nothing is working

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you guys are having issues flashing the phone via the recovery tool, use the nokia supplied cable as that is a factory cable.

First of all charge the phone to ensure it has sufficient charge and importantly make sure the battery contacts are not flaky at all otherwise you could brick the phone during the flash process.

1. Once charged up, you will need to get the phone into the bootloader,
  2. you need to press the power button and volume down until it vibrates.
  3. Immediately after press the volume up button,
  4. until you get the Nokia logo ontop of the screen and keep holding until you see a red screen.

That is the bootloader, this may take a few tries.

Start up the recovery software, choose my device is not detected and quickly connect the phone.

You may need to wait a few minutes, be patient and once detected start the process.

Ghostpaw

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank You so much. Getting to the bootloader fixed it for me. And you were right, it might take a few times for it to work. But it worked beautifully. Thank You again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720