Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset

Sourabh Sharma6

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem with Lumia 520.I get the solution is Window Device Recovery Tool 3.1.4.
Download the Window Device Recovery Tool 3.1.4.And install in your pc or laptop then it auto detect your otherwise different option is provided by this software and follow the instruction taking a few time it succesfully recovered your phone.:)

Enjoy with your window phone.

Sourabh Sharma6

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem with Lumia 520.I get the solution is Window Device Recovery Tool 3.1.4.
Download the Window Device Recovery Tool 3.1.4.And install in your pc or laptop then it auto detect your otherwise different option is provided by this software and follow the instruction taking a few time it successfully recovered your phone.:)

Enjoy with your window phone.

Sourabh Sharma6

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I facing the same issue with my Lumia 520,it resolved with the window device recovery tool.
Install the window device recovery tool in your PC/Laptop and attached your window phone with your PC/Laptop and follow the instruction.
this tool is re-installed the software in your phone then your phone is happy and it works fine.

Enjoy with your window phone with :):eek:rly:

GMer1

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok - None of the Windows or Nokia recovery tool will work - IF YOU DONT HAVE official USB cable to connect the phone.

Learned it hard way!! Cheers!

bse2306

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi had the same problem tried all online solutions to no avail downloaded windows device recovery tool run and hey presto back in business

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got this grin smiley during the upgrade process to Windows 10 Mobile.

The solution was to use Microsoft Device Recovery Tool (earlier known as Microsoft Windows Phone Recovery Tool).

That's what I did:
1. Downloaded Microsoft Device Recovery Tool.
2. Attached the phone to the PC, opened Recovery Tool and waited for the connection.
Since the phone was in the loop boot state (it automatically was rebooting itself after the blue screen), I waited until the phone restarted itself. On one of the restarts the Tool recognized the phone. Luckily, the phone didn't continue to boot and didn't fall into BSOD. It stayed connected to the PC.
3. The Tool recognized phone's model and started to flash.
4. All of a sudden, phone's screen turned black and the flash procedure failed.
5. I removed the battery and inserted it back. The phone stopped being recognized by the tool. However, it registered itself with the tool and its record was present in the tool's list of known devices.
6. I clicked the Phone wasn't recognized button and waited until the Tool reflashes phone's bootstrapper. No luck.
7. I did several retries and on one of the retries the phone started with red Nokia brand. It meant, the tool reflashed bootstrapper part of the firmware.
8 Finally, after flashing the new bootstrapper, the Tool reconized the phone; I reflashed to phone with the new OS ROM.

Hope this helps.

joy_74

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
my phone is Lumia 925 it's not open just show me file missing please shutdown properly also it's not connect with pc, how can i restart my phone

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
i had the same problem but thankfully solved it.
i fixed it with connecting my phone to the recovery tool.
connect ur phone to the recovery tool it wont show it but when it does not get detected it will ask u to choose from the list click that and let it scan in a few mins it gets detected and u can store it back to windows 8.1 and then go from there upgrading

Veljko Zaric

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Hey, have you solved the problem? If yes, please tell me what was the problem and how you overcame it.

I have resolved the problem on lumia 620 with hard factory reset. Following instructions:
1) press power button and volume down until you fill vibration (10-15 seconds)
2) then release and immediately press volume down until you see large exclamation mark (!)
3) when it appears press next buttons in this order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

You will lose data, but you will have your phone back.

Cheers & Good luck,
Veljko

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
It also happened to my Nokia Lumia 520 after trying to install an update... At first, it shows a screen saying the battery is low (but it was 77%). After connecting to a charger, that issue( the :-( problem) appeared! It happened to me 5 times in a row!well, I can't do the soft reset nor the hard reset due to broken power button and volume down button. So, if any solution fails, use the time-consuming Windows Phone Recovery Tool...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos