Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By broar94
  • 1 Post By chaitanya40
  • 1 Post By OzRob
  1. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hi guys,

    my l620 had a problem, lost signal but then it was ok. Last month I it fell off to the ground so I had to buy a new screen to it, after the service, in a authorized nokia post, the phone works fine, except the calls just last 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Ive tried to change anything, disassambled my device to see if the connectors was installed wrong but everything is in place. So anyone have or had this problem, should I send it back to service? is there a fix for it. Lumia 620 with 1308 update.

    EDITED: Ive replaced the aerial antenna and flash and everything is fine now. Got it from Elms Eletricals, UK. Thank you all! So thats just not the wifi and gps antenna, as it is the 3g as well. I think its the 3g and else, never seen the 3g antenna in the bottom of the phone.
    Last edited by Ulisses Augusto; 07-22-2013 at 06:31 PM.
  2. Curtieson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,375 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    Hi guys,

    my l620 had a problem, lost signal but then it was ok. Last month I it fell off to the ground so I had to buy a new screen to it, after the service, in a authorized nokia post, the phone works fine, except the calls just last 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Ive tried to change anything, disassambled my device to see if the connectors was installed wrong but everything is in place. So anyone have or had this problem, should I send it back to service? is there a fix for it. Lumia 620 with 1308 update.
    Every single time it is exactly 2.5 minutes and it disconnects?
  3. broar94's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Take it to nokia care
    Ulisses Augusto likes this.
  4. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    Every single time it is exactly 2.5 minutes and it disconnects?
    Yes, every single time. After Ive upgraded data sense is now installed, first Ive thought that was the problem, I dont know.
  5. chaitanya40's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    @^^^ The problem is with carrier not the mobile..you better contact your carrier specific customer care.If The problem is with mobile then it will not be 2.5 mins everytime ;)
    Ulisses Augusto likes this.
  6. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitanya40 View Post
    @^^^ The problem is with carrier not the mobile..you better contact your carrier specific customer care.If The problem is with mobile then it will not be 2.5 mins everytime ;)
    Going to try that, Ive read another forum about the imei getting unregistered from network, is that possible?
  7. Djolle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    Yes, every single time. After Ive upgraded data sense is now installed, first Ive thought that was the problem, I dont know.


    Wait a sec... you updated your l620 to what to get data sense? gdr2? amber?
  8. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Djolle View Post


    Wait a sec... you updated your l620 to what to get data sense? gdr2? amber?
    No its gdr1, 1308. I got the data sense but lost the music search feature in bing. Ive updated to get my phone charging after it droped dead. Had to flash the firmware to get the phone charging again.
  9. OzRob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    604 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    No its gdr1, 1308. I got the data sense but lost the music search feature in bing. Ive updated to get my phone charging after it droped dead. Had to flash the firmware to get the phone charging again.
    Are you sure you updated with the right firmware? AFAIK Data Sense is only available on some carrier-specific handsets at the moment. Perhaps you've got the wrong firmware and that's why your carrier keeps disconnecting you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  10. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Are you sure you updated with the right firmware? AFAIK Data Sense is only available on some carrier-specific handsets at the moment. Perhaps you've got the wrong firmware and that's why your carrier keeps disconnecting you.
    Not possible I guess, since Ive used the Nokia Suite to search for the firmware and the suite looks for the product code to download. Even the size was the same as before. After my work Ill post a print of my screen of the about section and the data sense, what I suposse its giving me this trouble. I even tried to use VIVO firmware wich is my carrier but the phone do not accept other firmware than the specific one. Im going to dump this phone as soon as the 928 is ready for sale here. Thanks.

    updated: print of my screen, sorry it is in portuguese. Ive tried to set a limit in datasense, I dont know frustration is the worst feeling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-wp_ss_20130718_0001.jpg   2-wp_ss_20130718_0003.jpg   3-wp_ss_20130718_0004.jpg   5-wp_ss_20130718_0006.jpg  
    Last edited by Ulisses Augusto; 07-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.
  11. OzRob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    604 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    Not possible I guess, since Ive used the Nokia Suite to search for the firmware and the suite looks for the product code to download. Even the size was the same as before. After my work Ill post a print of my screen of the about section and the data sense, what I suposse its giving me this trouble. I even tried to use VIVO firmware wich is my carrier but the phone do not accept other firmware than the specific one. Im going to dump this phone as soon as the 928 is ready for sale here. Thanks.
    I'm still confused. How did you update using Nokia Suite? Nokia Suite does not support Lumia WP8 phones AFAIK.
  12. Ulisses Augusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I'm still confused. How did you update using Nokia Suite? Nokia Suite does not support Lumia WP8 phones AFAIK.
    Nokia Care Suite. you knoe and if you dontyou should. There is a little number of options to update nokia phones. Retail updater is another,
  13. OzRob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    604 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    Nokia Care Suite. you knoe and if you dontyou should. There is a little number of options to update nokia phones. Retail updater is another,
    mmm...this doesn't really shed any light on the situation. If you want some help with your issue you will need to detail what exactly you've done to your phone to get it into this state.

Similar Threads

  1. Contacts missing on my Lumia 920
    By ghk in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 04:21 AM
  2. [App] EmiGens Sega Genesis( Megadrive) SMS, Game Gear and Sega CD
    By Andre o Botelho in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  3. Free wireless charger and case?
    By TomRawlo in forum Nokia Lumia 925
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 12:42 PM
  4. Flashing China Lumia 920 RM-822 to different firmware
    By blueberrymerry in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM
  5. lumia 620 turning off by itself by shaking
    By Chandan Kashyap in forum Nokia Lumia 620
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

";