Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OzRob
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

my l620 had a problem, lost signal but then it was ok. Last month I it fell off to the ground so I had to buy a new screen to it, after the service, in a authorized nokia post, the phone works fine, except the calls just last 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Ive tried to change anything, disassambled my device to see if the connectors was installed wrong but everything is in place. So anyone have or had this problem, should I send it back to service? is there a fix for it. Lumia 620 with 1308 update.

EDITED: Ive replaced the aerial antenna and flash and everything is fine now. Got it from Elms Eletricals, UK. Thank you all! So thats just not the wifi and gps antenna, as it is the 3g as well. I think its the 3g and else, never seen the 3g antenna in the bottom of the phone.
    Last edited by Ulisses Augusto; 07-22-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Augusto View Post
    Hi guys,

my l620 had a problem, lost signal but then it was ok. Last month I it fell off to the ground so I had to buy a new screen to it, after the service, in a authorized nokia post, the phone works fine, except the calls just last 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Ive tried to change anything, disassambled my device to see if the connectors was installed wrong but everything is in place. So anyone have or had this problem, should I send it back to service? is there a fix for it. Lumia 620 with 1308 update.
    Every single time it is exactly 2.5 minutes and it disconnects?

Take it to nokia care
    Thanked by:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    Every single time it is exactly 2.5 minutes and it disconnects?
    Yes, every single time. After Ive upgraded data sense is now installed, first Ive thought that was the problem, I dont know.

@^^^ The problem is with carrier not the mobile..you better contact your carrier specific customer care.If The problem is with mobile then it will not be 2.5 mins everytime ;)
    Thanked by:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitanya40 View Post
    @^^^ The problem is with carrier not the mobile..you better contact your carrier specific customer care.If The problem is with mobile then it will not be 2.5 mins everytime ;)
    Going to try that, Ive read another forum about the imei getting unregistered from network, is that possible?

Yes, every single time. After Ive upgraded data sense is now installed, first Ive thought that was the problem, I dont know.

Wait a sec... you updated your l620 to what to get data sense? gdr2? amber?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Djolle View Post

Wait a sec... you updated your l620 to what to get data sense? gdr2? amber?
    No its gdr1, 1308. I got the data sense but lost the music search feature in bing. Ive updated to get my phone charging after it droped dead. Had to flash the firmware to get the phone charging again.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    No its gdr1, 1308. I got the data sense but lost the music search feature in bing. Ive updated to get my phone charging after it droped dead. Had to flash the firmware to get the phone charging again.
    Are you sure you updated with the right firmware? AFAIK Data Sense is only available on some carrier-specific handsets at the moment. Perhaps you've got the wrong firmware and that's why your carrier keeps disconnecting you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Are you sure you updated with the right firmware? AFAIK Data Sense is only available on some carrier-specific handsets at the moment. Perhaps you've got the wrong firmware and that's why your carrier keeps disconnecting you.
    Not possible I guess, since Ive used the Nokia Suite to search for the firmware and the suite looks for the product code to download. Even the size was the same as before. After my work Ill post a print of my screen of the about section and the data sense, what I suposse its giving me this trouble. I even tried to use VIVO firmware wich is my carrier but the phone do not accept other firmware than the specific one. Im going to dump this phone as soon as the 928 is ready for sale here. Thanks.

updated: print of my screen, sorry it is in portuguese. Ive tried to set a limit in datasense, I dont know frustration is the worst feeling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-wp_ss_20130718_0001.jpg   2-wp_ss_20130718_0003.jpg   3-wp_ss_20130718_0004.jpg   5-wp_ss_20130718_0006.jpg  
    Last edited by Ulisses Augusto; 07-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Not possible I guess, since Ive used the Nokia Suite to search for the firmware and the suite looks for the product code to download. Even the size was the same as before. After my work Ill post a print of my screen of the about section and the data sense, what I suposse its giving me this trouble. I even tried to use VIVO firmware wich is my carrier but the phone do not accept other firmware than the specific one. Im going to dump this phone as soon as the 928 is ready for sale here. Thanks.
    I'm still confused. How did you update using Nokia Suite? Nokia Suite does not support Lumia WP8 phones AFAIK.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I'm still confused. How did you update using Nokia Suite? Nokia Suite does not support Lumia WP8 phones AFAIK.
    Nokia Care Suite. you knoe and if you dontyou should. There is a little number of options to update nokia phones. Retail updater is another,

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Nokia Care Suite. you knoe and if you dontyou should. There is a little number of options to update nokia phones. Retail updater is another,
    mmm...this doesn't really shed any light on the situation. If you want some help with your issue you will need to detail what exactly you've done to your phone to get it into this state.