620 Shut Off, Couldn't Soft Reset

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today, my mother told me her 620 died and she couldn't turn it back on. I pressed the power button and it was definitely off. Then, I tried a soft reset but that didn't work. I also should mention that I had to double check on how to do a soft reset because it's been at least two months since I last had to do one on my own phone. I Googled and confirmed I'd done it correctly. Tried it again, but it didn't work. I ended up doing a battery pull and then pressed the power button. Luckily, it turned back on. I couldn't help but think how lucky it was that this phone has a removable back, or else my mother would have been stuck without her phone. She's only had it since May.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've had phones reboot by themselves, but this sort of thing has never happened to ANY of my phones before.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really strange. I wouldn't think there should be any difference doing soft reset by pulling battery. Then again, I've never tried resetting a Lumia that has a removable battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss