- 07-27-2013, 10:02 PM #1
Earlier today, my mother told me her 620 died and she couldn't turn it back on. I pressed the power button and it was definitely off. Then, I tried a soft reset but that didn't work. I also should mention that I had to double check on how to do a soft reset because it's been at least two months since I last had to do one on my own phone. I Googled and confirmed I'd done it correctly. Tried it again, but it didn't work. I ended up doing a battery pull and then pressed the power button. Luckily, it turned back on. I couldn't help but think how lucky it was that this phone has a removable back, or else my mother would have been stuck without her phone. She's only had it since May.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've had phones reboot by themselves, but this sort of thing has never happened to ANY of my phones before.
- 07-27-2013, 11:41 PM #2
That's really strange. I wouldn't think there should be any difference doing soft reset by pulling battery. Then again, I've never tried resetting a Lumia that has a removable battery.
- By falconeight in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 31Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
- By MaccieInDetress in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 07-29-2013, 04:09 AM
- By Junaid96 in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 3Last Post: 07-28-2013, 09:01 AM
- By gamo62 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 10Last Post: 07-28-2013, 12:22 AM
- By derek533 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2013, 08:54 PM