Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laura Knotek

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Earlier today, my mother told me her 620 died and she couldn't turn it back on. I pressed the power button and it was definitely off. Then, I tried a soft reset but that didn't work. I also should mention that I had to double check on how to do a soft reset because it's been at least two months since I last had to do one on my own phone. I Googled and confirmed I'd done it correctly. Tried it again, but it didn't work. I ended up doing a battery pull and then pressed the power button. Luckily, it turned back on. I couldn't help but think how lucky it was that this phone has a removable back, or else my mother would have been stuck without her phone. She's only had it since May.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've had phones reboot by themselves, but this sort of thing has never happened to ANY of my phones before.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
    That's really strange. I wouldn't think there should be any difference doing soft reset by pulling battery. Then again, I've never tried resetting a Lumia that has a removable battery.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Thanks, Laura. I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else up here who has a 620.
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Thanks, Laura. I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else up here who has a 620.
    Hopefully that means it's a rare problem, and it won't happen again.
    metalchick719 likes this.