07-31-2013, 07:53 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Hi I have recently purchased a Lumia 620 from Vurgin mobile here in the UK, it's my first WP. Whilst the handset is unlocked I notice in the about about phone section the carrier is listed as Virgin. Is there any benefit such as faster OS updates etc. of installing a generic firmware? Also is there a guide available as to how to do this?
- 07-31-2013, 09:17 AM #2
Unless you've downloaded a generic firmware, I think it is not possible anymore as Nokia as blocked all the firmware downloads.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
Want to make Windows Phone better? Let it stay unique?
Let it be nicer than anything out there? - PLEASE VOTE THESE
- By Shawn Jordan in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2013, 03:28 PM
- By mrdeeds_72 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 07-26-2013, 11:47 PM
- By bsmith859 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 07-26-2013, 02:06 AM
- By Manuel Bauer in forum HTC 8SReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM
- By flackberry in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM