Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

nl620_update.png

I just installed Nokia Software Updater for Retail (version 3.0.8) and it shows that there is an update available for my Lumia 620.

I notice that it is a very minor update, however I'm not sure. Should I go ahead and install the update? Are Windows Phone 8 updates cumulative? GDR2 will be available next month anyway, so should I wait for GDR2?

I have one more question: Is it safe to update firmware using Nokia Software Updater for Retail? And if I don't backup my phone and after the new firmware is installed I then sign in with my Microsoft Account, will I at least get all my contacts and purchased apps? I'm only worried about contacts and purchased apps. I'm not all worried about settings etc.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Updates are cumulative so if you decide to wait for GDR2/Amber you will get all other updates that have been released so far. Updating using that software should be okay but it will wipe user data from the phone. Restoring your contacts and paid apps shouldn't be a problem once you've signed in with your MS account. Your contacts should automatically be restored to the phone and any paid applications can be re-downloaded without having to pay for them again. Just tap "Buy" and you will be taken straight to the install screen, by passing the purchase confirmation screen.

Have you tried updating over the air by looking in Settings > Phone updates > Check for updates? This method of updating will not erase any user data.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    and what about saves games ?

---------------------------
    galaxy note 3 sans abonnement
    Last edited by stephanemark; 08-03-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanemark View Post
    and what about saves games ?
    OTA updates do not wipe saved games/app settings but flashing though NCS does
    Thanked by:

where get the nokia udapter for retail?
    Nokia Lumia 620 - 8.1 Paraguay
    Nokia Lumia 630 - 8.1+Cyan+GDR1 Paraguay

Quote Originally Posted by rikipy View Post
    where get the nokia udapter for retail?
    http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/No...tail_3.0.8.exe
  7. tgp

Global Posts
    2,736 Global Posts
    NSU shows an update available for my 521, but the version is exactly the same as what's already installed.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    NSU shows an update available for my 521, but the version is exactly the same as what's already installed.
    It's the same you have.If you install it will be like hard resetting your phone.It will be like out of the box state when you first purchase the phone but with the current software you have..

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    need to sign in for the nokia software update app?
    signin.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	signin.jpg 
Views:	939 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	39382
    i download 3.0.8 but it cant find my NOKIA LUMIA 820.....
    I am from india and using lumia 520 computer os is windows 7.
    After run exe file it says "Error reading setup initialization file"
    Pls help

Go to Nokia Care Center. They will update your phone for you. My friend has 620 and he updated his phone from Nokia Care service center.
    I am from INDIA not sure for other countires.
    Banned

Waiting for 620 update in Delhi
    Banned

Anybody with the .001 firmware get the update yet?
    Banned

To the guys who had .002 firmware preloaded,what is your hardware revision number?Mine is 1.0.0.0. Just want to make sure before flashing my phone......
    Banned

Somebody plz guide me on how to flash gdr2 on 620 via Nokia Software Updater for retail.......i have downloaded the firmware...what will happen if i flash,how long will it take,etc... Thanks

ya..my harware revison is also same as u that is 1.0.0.0
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yentenebcc_1 View Post
    ya..my harware revison is also same as u that is 1.0.0.0
    i updated via NSU weeks ago...:)

Ok, yesterday I also download NSU 4.1.0. Everything goes well and installed all feature of amber but after installing amber, my 3G stop functioning. Only 2g function well. Either u change speed in 2g or 3G, signal show E only, which is 2g and very slow network.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yentenebcc_1 View Post
    Ok, yesterday I also download NSU 4.1.0. Everything goes well and installed all feature of amber but after installing amber, my 3G stop functioning. Only 2g function well. Either u change speed in 2g or 3G, signal show E only, which is 2g and very slow network.
    What exact version of Windows Phone 8 did you install? It sounds like you have installed a version that isn't compatible with your particular handset. Which could explain why you are not getting proper 3G.
    If you can you should flash back to the correct Firmware for your device and then wait for the official GDR2/Amber to be released.
    Actually, come to think about it, Microsoft have made GDR3 available as a preview for developers. However, if you do a search on the forum for GDR3 you will find instructions on how to get the update without having to be a developer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    What exact version of Windows Phone 8 did you install? It sounds like you have installed a version that isn't compatible with your particular handset. Which could explain why you are not getting proper 3G.
    If you can you should flash back to the correct Firmware for your device and then wait for the official GDR2/Amber to be released.
    Actually, come to think about it, Microsoft have made GDR3 available as a preview for developers. However, if you do a search on the forum for GDR3 you will find instructions on how to get the update without having to be a developer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    For you kind reference, follow is the original version and updated version.

1.This is the updated version and
    updated-version.jpg

2.This is the original version and
    orginal-version.jpg

But how can i flash back to previous/orginal version?

Flashing your phone even through Nokia software can void your warranty. So, is it a good idea?

i have install it but when connect the phone it said software info not found