Lumia 620 restarting all the time :(

Roland Dombi

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

We bought a Nokia Lumia 620 yesterday and it is acting very strange. It is restarting all the time (10 restarts in a 1,5 hour usage) by itself in a totally random way and time. The one constant think we discovered is the phone surely restarts after making a call from the lumia 620. But it can restart just typing message, or looking at weather app, or just lying on the table inactive.

The restart isn't like a proper one, so there is no ! mark (as hard reset) and there is no saying goodbye, it is like when you take out the battery and put it back again.

About messaging: I have a lumia 820 and I never had a problem with it, but when I write to myself from the 620 (using messenger or facebook messaging) I just don't get it (or 6-7 hours late...).

We are taking it back...but....we are afraid to buy another 620...anyone experiencing the same or nearly the same?

I love wp but this is very very....useless. :cry:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Roland and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm sorry to hear that your 620 is buggy. Yes, returning it is the best option. Those random restarts for a brand new device are not normal.

I hope you have better luck with the 620 replacement, if you do get a different 620.

Roland Dombi

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...looked it up on forums...a lot off ppl have the restarting issue - (the battery is not loose, the pins are right and tight, all installed apps are up to date, os is up to date, and we tried soft and hard reset also).

For us this problem came out in the first 3 day (so we can get a new one instantly)...our dilemma is that a lot of users say it came out after 1-2 months of usage for them...and that is a problem.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 620 , it did not restart every day but it used to turn off every now and then probably once a week. Now, its sort of okay. Im in 5th month of usage and it doesn't do that anymore. Its a weird device. Make sure your battery pins are plugged properly, there should be no loose contact.

Refer to this link for more info: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mia-620-issues-do-you-have-same-problems.html
You should return your new Lumia since it shouldnt be restarting right from day one its probably a defective batch or something

Last edited:

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
620 user here. I've not faced any random restarting issue here. It's been a month since I bought it. Device does get heated with moderate gaming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel