What could be wrong with my 620 touch?

Rodeoz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden my 620 does not recognise touch for some functions. Like the Ring+Vibrate touch on the top right does not work. Similarly touch for a few more functions does not work. But there is no issue with the hardware as the touch at the same area for other functions works just fine. I have tried resetting the phone and also reflashed my firmware using the Nokia Care Suite.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

PS: Nokia Care (in India) told me that the display has been damaged by water seeping in and that this won't be covered by my warranty. The cost of a new one is 25% of the total cost of the phone!! Point is, the touch works. It only does not work when some dialogue boxes open up.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you've flashed the phone already, then it is a hardware problem.

you can look into changing the screen yourself.

Ulisses Augusto

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Water really can mess up your device, do not ever touch it with your hands wet, even a little. The touch works with eletric energy, simple talk, there are tiny and almost invisible circuit on top of it, that is why water can end your party. What you can do is use NCS to test your screen, try to see if the screen and touch connections are ok. If the issue persists then you gonna have to change it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion