Really strange battery issue on Lumia 620

Lenvin Gonsalves

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes.. the battery is awesome and sometimes.. it is plain awful

Let me tell some awesome things(miracles)
1.) I play 1 hour video and battery consumption is only 3% :confused:
2.) Battery consumption is only 2.xx % per hour

Ok.. now comes the bad news

1.) Battery goes from 100% to 40 % in just 6 hours... standby only.. not even touch the phone
2.) Mobile heats sometimes very badly
3.) Battery consumption even goes upto 22% per hour ( if playing light game like temple run)
4.) Using torch feature uses a lot of battery ( 25% in 5min)
5.) talking in Skype for just 30min.. causes the battery to drop from 64% to 12%

I use only Wifi.. I never ever use packet data
Apps like Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook installed from beginning
Before I had awesome battery life ( after 2 weeks.. its useless)
I never even use Nokia Here maps
I have disabled background tasks..

One more issue.. If I on Power saver feature.. The wifi turns off automatically.. even If I turn it on.. It turns of again;
and also I set Power Saver to always

Temple run quits in the middle of nowhere.. mobile restarts for no reason

I had never experienced this much bugs in Android or in iPhone
My Samsung Galaxy Ace had a better camera(although not video) and it also did not have such awful battery altough ace has 1100 mah and 620 has 1300 mah

Replacing battery does not help

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Bad News Part:
1. Check if any background apps like Battery Checks, Facebook, Twitter, News Readers etc. are running. The more they are, the faster the battery will drain. You can stop them from running by going to Settings->Swipe right to applications. Go to background tasks and block unwanted apps from running in the background. Some apps like Facebook will keep running on the background even if they are blocked. Whatsapp is the best battery drainer.
In that case, you can uninstall them if you want. The inbuilt integrated social network centre in People Hub are very nice. You can use that to check for your FB updates.

2. Overheating will happen only when running processor intensive apps like photo editing, gaming etc. But it won't damage the phone. The Krait processors in our phones are known to be good performers, that is why so much heat is being given out.

3,4,5. Same as 1.

If battery problem is your main concern, you can replace you 620's battery with the one from 520. It is very cheap. You can also try the Mugen Power Battery. Check this thread.

Temple Run was not developed for WP. It is merely a ported version found on Android and iOS. It is not optimised for our devices. That's why it wasn't released for 620 at first. Seeing the demand for this game, the 1 GB RAM limitation was removed. So unless the game developer Imangi Studios optimises the game, you will continue to have this problem.

The 620 has a much better camera image quality compared to the Galaxy Ace.

Lenvin Gonsalves

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Bad News Part:
1. Check if any background apps like Battery Checks, Facebook, Twitter, News Readers etc. are running. The more they are, the faster the battery will drain. You can stop them from running by going to Settings->Swipe right to applications. Go to background tasks and block unwanted apps from running in the background. Some apps like Facebook will keep running on the background even if they are blocked. Whatsapp is the best battery drainer.
In that case, you can uninstall them if you want. The inbuilt integrated social network centre in People Hub are very nice. You can use that to check for your FB updates.

2. Overheating will happen only when running processor intensive apps like photo editing, gaming etc. But it won't damage the phone. The Krait processors in our phones are known to be good performers, that is why so much heat is being given out.

3,4,5. Same as 1.

If battery problem is your main concern, you can replace you 620's battery with the one from 520. It is very cheap. You can also try the Mugen Power Battery. Check this thread.

Temple Run was not developed for WP. It is merely a ported version found on Android and iOS. It is not optimised for our devices. That's why it wasn't released for 620 at first. Seeing the demand for this game, the 1 GB RAM limitation was removed. So unless the game developer Imangi Studios optimises the game, you will continue to have this problem.

The 620 has a much better camera image quality compared to the Galaxy Ace.

1.) I disabled background tasks.. I have already mentioned it and after all.. what's the use of a smartphone if I cant use Skype, Whatsapp and Facebook app
2.) Krait processors are excellent.. but that doesn't mean that it should heat.. sometimes on standby

I have replaced the battery with BL-5J 1320 mah ( no other available).. still.. its very bad

Well.. Microsoft should check the quality of apps.. after all they are trying to compete with Android and iOS

Camera does not focus.. takes me 3 shots. to get a perfect shot..

I am gonna replace it under warranty from Nokia (Saudi Arabia)
Really dissapointed with Skype performance.. I use Skype a lot !

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
1.) I disabled background tasks.. I have already mentioned it and after all.. what's the use of a smartphone if I cant use Skype, Whatsapp and Facebook app
2.) Krait processors are excellent.. but that doesn't mean that it should heat.. sometimes on standby

I have replaced the battery with BL-5J 1320 mah ( no other available).. still.. its very bad

Well.. Microsoft should check the quality of apps.. after all they are trying to compete with Android and iOS

Camera does not focus.. takes me 3 shots. to get a perfect shot..

I am gonna replace it under warranty from Nokia (Saudi Arabia)
Really dissapointed with Skype performance.. I use Skype a lot !

The new BL-5J battery is 1430mAh.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Same case with me and it's getting beyond ridicolous, i have L520 though, but same random issues with the battery and i have no fckin clue what it is. Sometimes it'll drain 1, 2% over night, and sometimes it will drain 60. 70%..
Made me really go from love to serious hate about WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb