Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
And for God's sake please stop crying out your location and service provider :angry:
All 620's in India are SIM independent. Updates rolling out in batches can depend on IDs like config, imei, anything but not according to network service provider or your purchase location for sure.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Has Nokia withdrawn the update from the market due to some reasons....? I think, nobody is getting the update after first two or three hours. If anybody get the update, kindly inform us.....

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the GDR2 update fix the song duplication issue?

Hi all, I am from Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I got my lumia 620 updated from Nokia Care in Raksha Impex T Nagar today . I just went there to repair my other nokia asha phone and enquired him if he can update it, he said yes and did it in 15 - 20 min. He removed the Sim and Memory Card and then updated, so the update does not depend on service provider. I suggest all those who are nearby Chennai take your phone there and enjoy the update :)

Thank you

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

And did they say anything about when people can just do it from home?

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi all, I am from Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I got my lumia 620 updated from Nokia Care in Raksha Impex T Nagar today . I just went there to repair my other nokia asha phone and enquired him if he can update it, he said yes and did it in 15 - 20 min. He removed the Sim and Memory Card and then updated, so the update does not depend on service provider. I suggest all those who are nearby Chennai take your phone there and enjoy the update :)

Thank you
Did they flash the phone or update?

LUMIAFREAK

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I tried "Check for Updates" using Wifi, and the Amber update started download followed by install and auto reboot. It took around 45 minutes ( the speed of broadband is pathetic). There were no flashes for updates.
But I am facing a strange problem after installing the update - the touch sensitivity on the left side of the screen seems to be messed up!! I cannot use "1","4" for a number key pad. Also the screen gets frozen sometimes and in general the phone has become very slow.
Has anyone come across this problem after installing Amber update? Please let me know if a solution exists apart from visiting the pathetic customer care !!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I tried "Check for Updates" using Wifi, and the Amber update started download followed by install and auto reboot. It took around 45 minutes ( the speed of broadband is pathetic). There were no flashes for updates.
But I am facing a strange problem after installing the update - the touch sensitivity on the left side of the screen seems to be messed up!! I cannot use "1","4" for a number key pad. Also the screen gets frozen sometimes and in general the phone has become very slow.
Has anyone come across this problem after installing Amber update? Please let me know if a solution exists apart from visiting the pathetic customer care !!!!
Update all Nokia system apps and see if it solves the issue, you can use SysApp Pusher to do so

rikipy

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Recently get the udapte for my L620 UY/PY Country Variant via OTA, the only detail, the amber udapte dont have Smart Cam xD

pd: the app is on now after login w/ MS account

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I bought a Lumia 620 from the United Arab Emirates. The Nokia website lists the Amber update for Lumia 620 in UAE as "coming soon". I currently live in Romania where the update is still "waiting for approval".

So, my question is: will I receive the update when it starts being pushed in the UAE (since my phone was bought there) OR will I receive it when it starts rolling out in Romania (since this is where I am right now)?

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I also faced same issue but this issue was solved after I received update of extras+info that separated glance and touch from display...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm