Nokia Lumia 620 dropped in water

Rudreshwar Goswamy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I just dropped my Lumia 620 into water, it was in water for around 10 - 15 seconds. But now it won't start and the screen is in horrible condition. Do i have a hope here or my phone is gone? And is there anything i should do apart from keeping it to dry on and taking it to Nokia Care? :unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Lmao.
Dude rush to the service center asap. Any minute water logging can cause rust damage later on. The service center will perform an acid wash to completely remove traces of water. And replace parts damaged. Of course this isn't covered by warranty. Don't put it in rice and all. Don't make things worse.

Rudreshwar Goswamy

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ankmeyester, what do you think are the chances of it getting restored back as it was earlier. I am taking it to the Nokia care tomorrow, but i just want to know whether they will treat ot properly or m i wasting my time and probably money.
Lmao.
Dude rush to the service center asap. Any minute water logging can cause rust damage later on. The service center will perform an acid wash to completely remove traces of water. And replace parts damaged. Of course this isn't covered by warranty. Don't put it in rice and all. Don't make things worse.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the suggestion, but do you mean i should merge it into the rice box? And why do you think i should not take it straight to Nokia care?

Search on youtube for "nokia n900 rice". Rice can absorb a lot of moisture from the phone, sort of acting as first aid till the time you cant take it to nokia care.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ankmeyester, what do you think are the chances of it getting restored back as it was earlier. I am taking it to the Nokia care tomorrow, but i just want to know whether they will treat ot properly or m i wasting my time and probably money.

since you're rushing it to nokia care, the phone will be fine and work as good as new :) don't worry :) how about you get it flashed with amber update also while you're there ;)

Johw

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I took a bath with mine a week ago, twice. Forgot that I had it in my swimwear pocket....
Phone died after second dip, with a "beep".
Sailboat neighbour told me to put the phone (without battery and simcard, SD-card) in sweetwater for an hour.
I tried it and then put it to dry in the sun for a couple of hours. After that it acually started and worked fine, but screen was like an aquairum.
He said its the salt that kills the phone, not the water, but I think its a combination.
Anyway, after two days it died again, I think its forever this time. Got me a 720 instead....

Eduardo Wandscheer

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
[...]
He said its the salt that kills the phone, not the water, but I think its a combination.
[...].
The 100% pure water (Only H2O) is nonpolar and can't damage nothing, but the water in the rivers, sea and that comes to your home, have a lot of chemical components, like chlorine and some salts. That chemicals make the water polar, and it can damage the phone.
Water 100% pure you can found only in the lab...

niki nikitha

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Rice works very well. Also dat 100% water will have no effect on the phone....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ankmeyester is totally wrong!!!

i clean my phone everyday with detergent r soap...cos more bacteria is present in mobile more than toilet...and iv dropped many phones from basic models to androids.... soo i have lot of xperience!!!!

take out the sim and battery....put it in a bag of rice... dont jst put on top....put it deep inbet the rice bag... and i bet u, no damn rust will be created!!! RUSTING TAKES TIME!!! Soo, its foolish to say dat ur phone gets rusted jst for once in water..!!!!

Leave it for 2 days..dont disturb!! it will work awesomeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

i would also suggest that u can use vaccum cleaner's drier, r hair drier to thrush the water out of the phone, and then put it in the rice bag!!!

Nokia service center, would tell everything is damaged and cost u a few 1000s and anyway they cost u! cant u do something by urself?? like a grown person?? Few things are manageable by ourselves!! we should nt run being small small matter, try to solve own probs !!! ELse ds place will be filled with people to even clean ur **** after u **** !

These are my experiences, rest is upto u

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You mad ? :)

Rice works very well. Also dat 100% water will have no effect on the phone....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ankmeyester is totally wrong!!!

i clean my phone everyday with detergent r soap...cos more bacteria is present in mobile more than toilet...and iv dropped many phones from basic models to androids.... soo i have lot of xperience!!!!

take out the sim and battery....put it in a bag of rice... dont jst put on top....put it deep inbet the rice bag... and i bet u, no damn rust will be created!!! RUSTING TAKES TIME!!! Soo, its foolish to say dat ur phone gets rusted jst for once in water..!!!!

Leave it for 2 days..dont disturb!! it will work awesomeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

i would also suggest that u can use vaccum cleaner's drier, r hair drier to thrush the water out of the phone, and then put it in the rice bag!!!

Nokia service center, would tell everything is damaged and cost u a few 1000s and anyway they cost u! cant u do something by urself?? like a grown person?? Few things are manageable by ourselves!! we should nt run being small small matter, try to solve own probs !!! ELse ds place will be filled with people to even clean ur **** after u **** !

These are my experiences, rest is upto u

Frank Daylena

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I just dropped my Lumia 620 into water, it was in water for around 10 - 15 seconds. But now it won't start and the screen is in horrible condition. Do i have a hope here or my phone is gone? And is there anything i should do apart from keeping it to dry on and taking it to Nokia Care? :unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)