Lumia 620 stuck in gears screen and keeps restarting

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I finally got the Amber Update, I downloaded it and it started setup, the phone restarted and went into the gears screen (I presume this is the setup screen), it has been there since then (2 days now). It shows the gears screen for several hours, then it goes off, as though it has gone out of charge and yet it is connected to the charger, it shows the large battery indicator charging, then it goes back to the gears screen. Please help, I miss my phone :( :crying: :crying: :crying:

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
do this....

hold down power and volume down button until the device vibrates....

when it vibrates relsease the buttons and immediately hold volume up

a lighting bolt should appear

plug it in (if it wasnt already) and do the volume down and power button combination again but this time let it vibrate twice

release and it should properly update in about 15 minutes

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Better update (refurbish) the Phone with the Nokia tools (Nokia Software Updater for Retail OR ProductSupportToolForStore --> Found in Nokia CareSuite) if previous post doesn't work

U loose everything, but u start with a clean ROM again

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I reached to the lightning bolt, did the volume down power combination but no vibrations, the phone just went off, I am pretty sure I help the volume down too

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It's asking for username and password,and it isn't detecting my phone(No connection), my phone doesn't go beyond the gears screen

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have really tried everything I have been told, I can't use the software as it can't download the firmware (Using care external suite fails with "Authentication required")

I am pretty sure I didn't damage anything, it was working just fine saturday night, right untill I tried the update

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
By the way, my phone vibrates after I release the keys, not before, in all the combinations I was advised to try. Even If I hold it for a whole minute it does not vibrate

Omar Salim

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Not yet fixed, when I do the combination (Volume down + power) it shows me battery drained even though I just put in a fully charged battery

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do this.

•Remove the Battery
•Remove the SD Card
•Put the Battery back on
•Do not put the SD Card back
•Power on the device (Make sure your battery is not yet drained,ok?)
•See if it works, then if it does, Put the SD Card again.
•Sometimes, the SD Card is the cause of this problem, tried on my Lumia 620, by re-seating the SD Card, it helps my phone to boot properly.

Not yet fixed, when I do the combination (Volume down + power) it shows me battery drained even though I just put in a fully charged battery

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello ,

I am facing almost the same issue after updating from GDR2. What is happening is,

1. The gears spin.
2. The low battery sign Appears (Though the phone is constantly connected to power source)
3. After a while the gears start spinning again and the cycle continues.

This has been going on for like 8 hours now. And Nokia Software Updater doesn't recognize the phone either. Any help that you can provide?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos