Help needed for Amber Update

Priyanga Ambanwala

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am from Sri Lanka and my Lumia 620 happens to be Ghana version. (So it says on the box near IMEI no.)
My problem is whether I select Sri Lanka or Ghana as my region amber update doesn't show up when I check for updates. (But as per Nokia website it is available for both countries)
So I decided to try Nokia Software Updater and now it shows Amber available to download with a version number which I suspect to be Ghana.
I haven't proceed with that yet. (well I'm a bit afraid whether this will ruin my hard earned phone ;) )
I wanna know whether I can get this done this way, I mean has anybody done something similar. (like updating a different country's phone using NSU)
And if possible any hindsight on that.

Thanx in advance :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am from Sri Lanka and my Lumia 620 happens to be Ghana version. (So it says on the box near IMEI no.)
My problem is whether I select Sri Lanka or Ghana as my region amber update doesn't show up when I check for updates. (But as per Nokia website it is available for both countries)
So I decided to try Nokia Software Updater and now it shows Amber available to download with a version number which I suspect to be Ghana.
I haven't proceed with that yet. (well I'm a bit afraid whether this will ruin my hard earned phone ;) )
I wanna know whether I can get this done this way, I mean has anybody done something similar. (like updating a different country's phone using NSU)
And if possible any hindsight on that.

Thanx in advance :)

Better visit a care centre and they'll update it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon